"The Steam discussions aren't the right place to dispute SPECIFIC bans."
Why do the mods always cite this rule when locking threads that are about moderation in general?

I am not banned from here or any other sub, but how much you want to bet that this thread will be locked because:

"The Steam discussions aren't the right place to dispute specific bans."
< >
Showing 1-15 of 209 comments
The Steam discussions aren't the right place to dispute specific bans.
Because their ban reasons are an excuse and not the truth. They are woke after all, they love fake civility.
Because all the threads you are referencing ARE about specific bans. Disingenuous talk about them not being so is just selfserving tripe. Not a single one of the OP's of these threads are adding anything to the board or remotely interested in actual discussion.
So what are the right places to discuss bans?
Originally posted by PocketYoda:
None. It's a topic not to be brought up. If someone has an issue with a ban, talk to support.
You are under the false impression they need to provide one. They do not.

The funny thing is D.Fame, if you ever bothered to READ the discussion rules and guidelines, they have already answered this there
Why do moderators lock and delete discussions?
Respectful arguments are a constructive and beneficial aspect of the Steam Community. When a discussion thread veers off a constructive path or is causing frequent disrespect between players, Steam moderators will lock the thread.

If a discussion thread contains prohibited topics, spam, or is otherwise not constructive, moderators may also delete specific content in an effort to preserve the conversation. However, there are cases where removing the thread itself is necessary.

edit: fixed D.Flame's name in my post, accidentally put Dlame XD as funny as I found that, it was NOT an intentional dig.
Last edited by Malfunctioning Robot; 5 Jul @ 6:37pm
Originally posted by Komarimaru:
None. It's a topic not to be brought up. If someone has an issue with a ban, talk to support.

Hahaha, that is actually a good description. You will be talking TO them, but not WITH them.
Why?
Originally posted by Malfunctioning Robot:
Isn't that against peoples rights..
Last edited by PocketYoda; 5 Jul @ 6:45pm
Why?
Nope.
Why?
Nope. You should probably learn what people have rights to, because "a place to complain" isn't actually one of them. No one is REQUIRED to give you a platform for speech as that LEGALLY is defined as COMPELLED SPEECH, which is specifically against both an individuals and a companies rights.
Originally posted by ghost:
Because their ban reasons are an excuse and not the truth. They are woke after all, they love fake civility.

Citation needed.
Originally posted by Sun Goddess:

Citation needed.

Ah, I see you're following me around now. How cute.
Originally posted by Sun Goddess:

Citation needed.

Ah, I see you're following me around now. How cute.

Nah, I was here to see what OP said and was going to make a snarky comment at the expense of Steam's mods. Also it's not hard to end up being in the same topic as you when you're chaingunning your conspiracy across the forums.
Considering this is currently just sitting in general chat. Not so much following as just commenting on what is floating back to the top. And basically any and all ban discussions are really between the individual and support for generic bans. If somebody angers a subsection enough to earn a perma-ban off a developer that is then between the user and that developer as Steam support will not touch it.

Usage of these forums is a privilege not a right. Nobody can be forced to provide you a soapbox to grandstand from on what is effectively private property. And as it is private property you can have your permission to use it curtailed or removed at any time. Your rights end at the end of their nose. Best to remember that.
Originally posted by D. Flame:
Why do the mods always cite this rule when locking threads that are about moderation in general?
Because almost every post regarding moderation is the result of a specific ban. While they might begin with a general query about moderation, the truth always comes out later that the entire reason they posted it was because they recently "got banned no for reason" or "banned with no warning" or "insert usual accusation here".
< >
Showing 1-15 of 209 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 5 Jul @ 6:07pm