Suggestion- A peer to peer section of the forums, for Developers or "aspiring" Developers...
It has been made blatantly obvious, that there are many who post here, who feel "threatened", insulted, or otherwise "worried", that banter that may be going on here at the Forums, about particular games, their themes, and issues with Valve or Steam, may hurt their bottom lines.

And therefore, will go at anyone, or any thing, to try and harangue others, in so they can try and make a point, afraid, if their points are not made, and the anti developer, anti game, anti steam rhetoric continues, they will lose money.

It has come to be, Steam becoming a company made for Developers, by Developers, having it's customers, the very ones who make them money, second class citizens.

Given these developers, moderators, or otherwise folks who's bread is buttered, by Steam, advertantly or inavertantly, and the connections they have, are not being properly moderated either, when they continually break our rules.

Leaving customers feeling betrayed, treated unfairly, and thinking they're in some alternative universe, where they are told they should be owned or dictated too, by the companies or people they give money too.

Not the the other way around.

Would it be wrong to have an outlet, for these Developers, Moderators, or those that make their money on Steam, to have their own outlet, to have peer to peer Discussions, even thru some type of alt tag (for their privacy) in so they can post amongst eachother, rather than mingling and haranguing their consumers?

It does not seem we mix well.

As consumers, we have our needs, and as Developers, or those that want to be one, they have theirs.

We just want to buy games, and be treated fairly. They want sell games, and be treated fairly, but many times, those goals do not mix.

A Peer to Peer Development Forum, can be an outlet, for those to have their cry, amongst their peers, as we have ours, amongst consumers that have gripes.

Thank you for listening.

Your Pal,

Ranger :steamhappy:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
Thread Title: "Suggestion- A peer to peer section of the forums, for Developers or "aspiring" Developers..."

Like you were previously informed when making a similar request, Steamworks Development already exists for those that qualify.
Already exists - https://gtm.you1.cn/groups/steamworks

The facts are that you not liking the people who post does not make them commercially vested in steam. You are just confused because people will defend something even if they have no financial stake in it
Last edited by Brian9824; 23 Aug @ 5:49am
Steam has always been for developers as Valve has always been pro-devs. Nothing new.

Devs have their own group to communicate with other devs.

Game hubs exist so devs and players can communicate.

People don't want to be treated "fairly", people just want their way and punish people they don't like. As all these suggestions lately clearly show.

What exactly *is* the suggestion in this that hasn't already been provided on Steam?
Originally posted by Crazy Tiger:
Steam has always been for developers as Valve has always been pro-devs. Nothing new.

Devs have their own group to communicate with other devs.

Game hubs exist so devs and players can communicate.

People don't want to be treated "fairly", people just want their way and punish people they don't like. As all these suggestions lately clearly show.

What exactly *is* the suggestion in this that hasn't already been provided on Steam?

Seems less like a suggestion and more like a way to repeatedly accuse posters of having commercial ties to steam without providing any evidence. Just another way to repeat the false claims that people posting he doesn't like work for steam, are mods, are developers, etc.

Originally posted by xBCxRangers:
Would it be wrong to have an outlet, for these Developers, Moderators, or those that make their money on Steam, to have their own outlet, to have peer to peer Discussions, even thru some type of alt tag (for their privacy) in so they can post amongst eachother, rather than mingling and haranguing their consumers?

I mean that says it all, repeating the same false claims doesn't make it true no matter how many times you claim it. Developers and moderators are not posting on the forums and harassing you. You need to either provide actual evidence or stop making the same repeated false claim over and over
Last edited by Brian9824; 23 Aug @ 5:53am
Pretending developers arent Valve's customers. Again.
Originally posted by AmsterdamHeavy:

Nah its more about accusing moderators and developers of secretly manipulating the forums and pretending to be normal users. The same claims with a different wrapping although now he's expanded it to claim developers are also doing it and there is now secret developers among us and not just undercover mods.
Originally posted by Brian9824:
Originally posted by AmsterdamHeavy:

Nah its more about accusing moderators and developers of secretly manipulating the forums and pretending to be normal users. The same claims with a different wrapping although now he's expanded it to claim developers are also doing it and there is now secret developers among us and not just undercover mods.

I guess I could partially take credit for this as I don't really hide the fact that I'm developing my own game. Though I can confirm that I have zero clout with Valve staff and Valve mods. Though he'd ignore my... I guess at this point 17 bans, because that's inconvenient to his narrative. Far as Valve is concerned, I am a normal user.
I mean its a strange claim, game developers don't care about suggestions forum on steam for instance, off topic, steam discussions, etc.

They only use their own forums
Ah! Yet another thread where the main purpose is to yet again throw around accusations (unfounded) against other posters as seen by:

or otherwise folks who's bread is buttered, by Steam, advertantly or inavertantly, and the connections they have, are not being properly moderated either, when they continually break our rules.

While ironically and hypocritcally the OP wants from another of their threads:

Everyone should feel comfortable coming here.

Yet has yet to create a thread and stick by that principle.
Last edited by Nx Machina; 23 Aug @ 6:58am
Originally posted by Nx Machina:
Ah! Yet another thread where the main purpose it to yet again throw around accusations against other posters as seen by:

or otherwise folks who's bread is buttered, by Steam, advertantly or inavertantly, and the connections they have, are not being properly moderated either, when they continually break our rules.

Everyone should feel comfortable coming here.

Oh well "i" can come here, and not afraid to do it. But others may see the rhetoric and decide, "um, nah", look at what Ranger faces.

And so i get enjoyment out of it, and tend to like to see moderators, or up and coming developers, or their kin, or whoever bread is buttered by Steam, whinge.

Their lot in life, is very easy as compared to others.

And so, if we're gonna post here, and have issues with Steam, or their Developers what ever, you have to be willing to get tough, and deal with it lol.
Last edited by xBCxRangers; 23 Aug @ 6:28am
Even Willy Wonka would be jealous of such imagination.
the developer community can't actually sell games on steam unless steam is buying them. you will find 1000's of games published that never sold 1000 copies, and the reviews for example of games like banana show some odd examples of steam manipulating the reviews.

I have played a few really good developer games on steam fun and enjoyable, but they get zero recognition on steam and have a extremely small population , almost to the point the developers are wasting there own time trying to sell it on steam.

my question is why be fooled thinking steam has this amazing population of games when even companies like konomi and capcom are struggling to find players for the games they sell.

steams bottom line is already hurting extremely bad, there is a reason that the forums are so outta wack, its simple profits are down due to inflation and people becoming smart.
Last edited by Golden Unicorn; 23 Aug @ 6:32am
Originally posted by Golden Unicorn:
games like banana show some odd examples of steam manipulating the reviews.
No matter how many times you claim that without proof it doesn't make it true.

steams bottom line is already hurting extremely bad,
Steam has actually been posting record profits.

there is a reason that the forums are so outta wack, its simple profits are down due to inflation and people becoming smart.
Actually gaming is becoming even more popular with inflation because of the value for what you get. People aren't paying $20-30 to go to a 2 hour movie when they can buy a 50+ hour game for the same money.

its far more cost effective to be a gamer for entertainment then nearly every other form of entertainment.
Last edited by Brian9824; 23 Aug @ 6:40am
Originally posted by Nx Machina:
Ah! Yet another thread where the main purpose it to yet again throw around accusations against other posters as seen by:

Oh well "i" can come here, and not afraid to do it. But others may see the rhetoric and decide, "um, nah", look at what Ranger faces.

And so i get enjoyment out of it, and tend to like to see moderators, or up and coming developers, or their kin, or whoever bread is buttered by Steam, whinge.

Their lot in life, is very easy as compared to others.

And so, if we're gonna post here, and have issues with Steam, or their Developers what ever, you have to be willing to get tough, and deal with it lol.

It's like I told you, Rangers. I've been banned more than you have, I'm a game dev myself. Steam treats me like I'm a normal member. Me being gone for a month wasn't some vacation I gave myself, a steam moderator banned me and I pointed out that it should be a week long because the one I had overturned the day before was a week long. The month long ban stuck.

As a dev, I can debunk your claims.
Last edited by Amaterasu; 23 Aug @ 6:54am
whinge.

Are you excluding your own posts/threads for any particular reason?
Last edited by Nx Machina; 23 Aug @ 7:45am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 23 Aug @ 5:44am