Amaterasu 5 Jul @ 9:59am
Bring back Permabans or get rid of moderation
Too many people have been getting too many ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ chances on this forum and I've got to say that it is some of the worst moderating capacity I've ever seen. "Oh, you've broken six hundred and fifty-seven rules, threatened to kill a guy's family and feed them their flesh. Here's a two week ban. I'm sure that it'll work this time!"

I admit that I have been in a real ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ bad mood lately and looking to tear through a place, but seeing people that have been banned just ban evade without any consequence is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. You know what most other places I've been do would do if you ban evade? Your primary account gets escalated to a permaban and your new alt gets a shiny permaban too.

This weak ass, chickenshit moderation style needs to ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ stop. It was bad enough to get rid of the no politics rule, but if some people aren't going to actually be shown the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ door, then don't have a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ moderation staff to begin with! All you're doing is teaching these people that they just need to create a new alt account and start back from square one with their warnings and ♥♥♥♥! That's basically having no moderation to begin with, but with extra ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ steps!

Fall on one side or the other of the fence, Steam. Stop trying to sit on that fence post so hard you need a proctologist to remove it from your ass when you finally decide to get up and make a stance.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 215 comments
I'm sorry OP, but we have tried to explain our cases, ad nauseum, and have been told, our moderation is fine. There is nothing we can do..

Enjoy :steamhappy:
Last edited by xBCxRangers; 5 Jul @ 10:06am
Psymon² 5 Jul @ 11:01am 
Originally posted by Sun Goddess:
Too many people have been getting too many ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ chances on this forum and I've got to say that it is some of the worst moderating capacity I've ever seen. "Oh, you've broken six hundred and fifty-seven rules, threatened to kill a guy's family and feed them their flesh. Here's a two week ban. I'm sure that it'll work this time!"

I admit that I have been in a real ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ bad mood lately and looking to tear through a place, but seeing people that have been banned just ban evade without any consequence is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. You know what most other places I've been do would do if you ban evade? Your primary account gets escalated to a permaban and your new alt gets a shiny permaban too.

This weak ass, chickenshit moderation style needs to ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ stop. It was bad enough to get rid of the no politics rule, but if some people aren't going to actually be shown the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ door, then don't have a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ moderation staff to begin with! All you're doing is teaching these people that they just need to create a new alt account and start back from square one with their warnings and ♥♥♥♥! That's basically having no moderation to begin with, but with extra ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ steps!

Fall on one side or the other of the fence, Steam. Stop trying to sit on that fence post so hard you need a proctologist to remove it from your ass when you finally decide to get up and make a stance.
the inmates run the asylum
abandon all hope ye who enter

valve don't care...
Knee 5 Jul @ 11:08am 
I can see why they went with paid mods for the thousands of games discussion hubs there are, but, at the very least, the common sections, where the alts run rampant, could benefit from the volunteer mods system where there’s proactive and escalating moderation instead of, where it is currently, lax and reactive.
davidb11 5 Jul @ 11:10am 
LOL wut. They do have permanent bans, but they don't just hand them out like candy.
I can name a forum where that's more likely, but it's not on Steam. :P
That's a lot of swearing, yikes. This is a family forum please act appropriately. Nobody wants moderation gone and prema bans ruin the community further.

Rather moderation should be extremely moderate in actions they do. And unless someone is scamming , robbing or engaging in criminal activity prema bans shouldn't exist.

Trying to remove someone completely cause they called you a name or made fun of your ability to play a game is sorta bad.

Originally posted by Knee:
I can see why they went with paid mods for the thousands of games discussion hubs there are, but, at the very least, the common sections, where the alts run rampant, could benefit from the volunteer mods system where there’s proactive and escalating moderation instead of, where it is currently, lax and reactive.

They tried volunteer mods already it was extremely bad and way more abusive you asking for the instigators to be given bullets to prema kill customers.
Last edited by Majestically Awkward; 5 Jul @ 11:38am
Volfogg 5 Jul @ 11:37am 
I dunno if it's a worth making scene like that... Though I guess it's human nature to complain. So many complaints lately... Personally I'd rather wash my hands of this whole moderation problem. It's not worth my nerves.
Yep its a common complaint, moderation is too lax and they only punish the most blatant insults or rule breaking. Unfortunately those who fear having to actually face the consequences for their actions tend to be a very vocal minority.

Originally posted by xBCxRangers:
I'm sorry OP, but we have tried to explain our cases, ad nauseum, and have been told, our moderation is fine. There is nothing we can do..

Enjoy :steamhappy:

Actually you were told that moderation is not unfairly targeting people, not that there isn't room for improvement for them to deal with trouble makers far more efficiently. Please don't make up false claims. I know you've been told by at least a dozen people that moderation is far more lenient then they should be.
Last edited by Brian9824; 5 Jul @ 11:41am
Originally posted by Volfogg:
I dunno if it's a worth making scene like that... Though I guess it's human nature to complain. So many complaints lately... Personally I'd rather wash my hands of this whole moderation problem. It's not worth my nerves.
For our entertainment it is worth price they've paid.
Aachen 5 Jul @ 11:55am 
Originally posted by Psymon²:
the inmates run the asylum
abandon all hope ye who enter

valve don't care...

:islanders_mountain: Even Sisyphus would smile.
Originally posted by Sun Goddess:
Too many people have been getting too many ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ chances on this forum and I've got to say that it is some of the worst moderating capacity I've ever seen.
We've been advocating for the return of normal punishments for a while - all of us in good standing that is, the troublemakers are overwhelmingly the only ones against punishment of troublemakers.

When they got rid of Volunteer Moderators it was the biggest mistake ever. Now we see alts of well known troublemakers that have extreme ban counts near the automatic permanent ban level which is way too high in itself, causing almost all of the trouble on the forums all day.

Heck, as soon as someone got banned recently they jumped directly to an alt and continued making argument after argument, the same standard political derailments etc. They did this until their main accounts ban expired and it like all the alts other than all the info being the same that mods/support can see being the same, were obvious because they know they don't have to hide it because Mods & Support have done little to nothing about this.

Just one involved community moderator like a Volunteer Mod would remove a ton of work from Mods & Support that has resulted in so much time being wasted by a growing amount of troublemakers banding together to be a problem on the forums & encouraging each other by intentionally spreading false information constantly.

Another guy had a permanent ban, somehow years later got unbanned despite being a literal legal liability to be allowed back, only to get banned, they made a 2nd account & it got banned, then they made a 3rd account unsurprisingly banned, and they keep switching between accounts when bans expire.

The complete lack of proper moderation like escalated bans, permanent bans or Support terminating accounts is outstanding to me - although they have terminated some accounts recently, just not as quick as they really should. Not all "customers" are worth keeping, and no not even the eu can prevent peoples accounts from being terminated for being a persistent issue intentionally for years.

There's also the blatant obvious fact most troublemakers are steam-friends and otherwise have displayed of having communicated recently with those they are not actively friends with.
Last edited by Mad Scientist; 5 Jul @ 12:32pm
Permaban sucks. Shouldn't exist. End of story :steammocking:
Originally posted by GamerSpecial:
Permaban sucks. Shouldn't exist. End of story :steammocking:

Just ban people for 9,999 years. Problem solved
Originally posted by Majestically Awkward:
That's a lot of swearing, yikes. This is a family forum please act appropriately. Nobody wants moderation gone and prema bans ruin the community further.

Rather moderation should be extremely moderate in actions they do. And unless someone is scamming , robbing or engaging in criminal activity prema bans shouldn't exist.

Trying to remove someone completely cause they called you a name or made fun of your ability to play a game is sorta bad.

Originally posted by Knee:

They tried volunteer mods already it was extremely bad and way more abusive you asking for the instigators to be given bullets to prema kill customers.

Please do not spread blatant incorrect statements about the Volunteer mods.
They were not like that at all, and there's too much information and documentation proving they never did that at all.
OOF.

This is extremely rude to even say.
Al'Vi 5 Jul @ 1:35pm 
Your post looks like you were hyperventilating as you wrote it. Also, no. Also, you'd be banned immediately for this post alone if it were the case. Also, ban the OP only for trying to get the people he dislikes banned.

For anyone else, go to Reddit or go play your games, nobody is keeping you chained up to the forum.
Originally posted by Al'Vi:
Your post looks like you were hyperventilating as you wrote it. Also, no. Also, you'd be banned immediately for this post alone if it were the case. Also, ban the OP only for trying to get the people he dislikes banned.

For anyone else, go to Reddit or go play your games, nobody is keeping you chained up to the forum.

I mean that's an awful lot of assumptions to try to justify the flawed system we are left with. Judging from your featured group, I'm going to guess it has to do with the fact that you see me as the "evil other" because of my profile.

I don't care if I get banned, hell, I admit that there are posts I should be warned or banned for from the last few days. What I'm stating is that there are a lot of people who stir up ♥♥♥♥, get banned come back on a brand new account, and restart the whole "Warn warn, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week" cycle... despite the fact that the mods are aware they are the same people.

And you can ask people that have responded to this topic, one of them posted a similar topic for the same exact reason. I used to have beef with him, but I don't want to see him get banned, I respect him.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 215 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 5 Jul @ 9:59am