RimWorld

RimWorld

Vanilla Outposts Expanded
Pawn Drug Dependency
I have a hussar stationed for defense in an outpost but she'll never take any of the available go-juice that is automatically. I have no option to force her to take some while shes in the outpost so i have to get her and someone else to leave and administer it at my base. Is there anyway else to do this or do i got something wrong with my game?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
RandomHero 10 Dec, 2022 @ 5:55pm 
My pawns are in comas and if I move them to a caravan with the go-juice, they don't automatically take it. I tried adding another pawn to administer it, but it didn't work. Not sure if they were a doctor or not. I'll try that next.
RandomHero 10 Dec, 2022 @ 5:59pm 
Nevermind, it worked. It took a little while after I told the caravan to head home, and one of them got administered go-juice. Ideally, they should use the go-juice in the outpost, though.
Last edited by RandomHero; 10 Dec, 2022 @ 5:59pm
Mr_0dd 17 Dec, 2022 @ 5:56pm 
I'm having the same issue.

I have/had some base DLC wasters and some custom genome drug dependent prisoners and colonists at my outposts going into comas, and had prisoners straight up dying, from their genetic drug dependencies. Had I not checked up on the outposts on a whim, my colonists might have died from it. My assumption was that since it was updated to 1.4, and the FAQ says you don't have to worry about them when they're in the outposts, I thought that extended to drug dependencies. Guess that's what I get for assuming.

I had to swap out the colonists for ones who didn't require drugs to live. As for the prisoners, well, let's just say my prisoner roster is smaller now, though not from swapping prisoners out; and after reading this, even if nothing changes, I probably wont change that.

I really like this mod, and probably will still keep using it, but it would be nice if some way to tend to genetic drug dependencies was added to outposts, especially now since a large number of my colonists have gene packs slapped on them that have drug dependencies(and I'd be willing to bet I'm far from the only one doing this, because those genes give you a *lot* of points to play with), because I'm currently in mid-late game and can afford to support them having those. Even if I just needed to ship some drugs over occasionally so that they would use them like they do in caravans, that'd be fine, but if I need to pack up my outposts and have the prisoners take drugs on the road then remake it, I'd rather just have less micromanagement and 'cycle' through prisoners and put more disposable pawns on guard duty.

That being said, I'd rather not do that, because a live prisoner as a laborer is more valuable than a dead one to my colonies, and as stated in the mod, you cant build defenses in these outposts, so it all comes down to the capabilities of the pawns whom you assign to guard them there. While not impossible to work around, this issue does hamper that in a significant way.
Last edited by Mr_0dd; 18 Dec, 2022 @ 12:17am
Legendary Teeth 6 Feb, 2023 @ 7:39pm 
I am seeing the same thing, would love a solution
SkillerDankOP 19 Mar, 2023 @ 4:07pm 
Jup, i am having the same issue with a hussar needing go-juice.
Last edited by SkillerDankOP; 19 Mar, 2023 @ 4:07pm
rivforthesesh 25 Jun, 2023 @ 5:46am 
still an issue, removing my wasters every now and again so they actually have their psychite tea gets kinda annoying
Jfluffy 6 Jul, 2023 @ 2:45pm 
A work around I've been using is going into god mode and removing the <Drug> Dependency health condition from any pawn that I'm throwing into an outpost. Hope this helps.
Dr Jimothy 15 Jul, 2023 @ 5:03pm 
Yeah. I use character editor to remove the dependencies as well, but it gets annoying if say you forget to add it back later if you bring outpost characters back to your colony, and then feel like a super stinky cheater for however much time of no los drogas need you've gotten, and have no idea how long that was so can't, say, just make and kill-command the drugs to make up for it.
Dot 31 Jan @ 2:17pm 
Bumping this because of all the stoner colonies out there struggling
Another unfortunate biotech related bug is that pawns don't regenerate their genetic abilities like fire breath and animal war call (though this isn't a big deal compared to the drug dependency thing). I hope someone makes a fix soon because after I got this mod I don't think I can play without it.
There was a mod called "VE Outpost Addiction Fix," but it's no longer on the Workshop. Has this issue been officially fixed?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50