RimWorld

RimWorld

Sparkling Worlds - Full Mod
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Albion  [developer] 3 Sep, 2017 @ 6:49pm
Error and bug report
Please report any and all errors and bugs you encounter.
I try to keep this mod as bug free as possible but probably won't catch them all.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 175 comments
darkjonis 5 Sep, 2017 @ 11:58pm 
when the square research machine is completed, it disappears
Albion  [developer] 6 Sep, 2017 @ 6:14pm 
I finally found the root of that bug and just uploaded an update to fix that. It should work fine now.
Skynert 20 Jan, 2018 @ 12:03pm 
Cant place computing machine anywhere
Albion  [developer] 20 Jan, 2018 @ 6:35pm 
There is a problem with specific other mods. Thanks to additional feedback by Skynert on the Discord Server I was able to isolate the problem and am working on a permanent solution to this. It will be published with the next update for this mod.
Last edited by Albion; 22 Jan, 2018 @ 8:53am
QwertyJosh 3 Feb, 2018 @ 7:01pm 
Im not sure if this error is because of this mod but...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at RimWorld.IncidentParmsUtility.GetDefaultPawnGroupMakerParms (RimWorld.IncidentParms,bool) <0x0002e> at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecuteWorker_Patch0 (object,RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x001a4> at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x00013> at SparklingWorlds.IncidentWorker_RaidOnArrivalSW.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x00014> at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x0001b> at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident) <0x00062> at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () <0x00066> at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () <0x0001f> at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () <0x003c2> Verse.Log:Error(String) Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() Verse.Root_Play:Update()
Albion  [developer] 4 Feb, 2018 @ 1:40am 
I'm not 100% sure but it looks like an incompatibility with another mod. What other mods are you using and when exactly does this error appear? Right on startup or loading or sometime when you have a caravan exploring a ship crash site?
QwertyJosh 4 Feb, 2018 @ 6:36am 
It appears on startup and i cant find a way to stop the error from occuring. I think it started after I installed the "Dire Raid" mod.
Albion  [developer] 4 Feb, 2018 @ 7:33am 
I tried the Dire Raids mod and it worked fine for me. No error. Do you use any other mods that change stuff regarding events/indicents or Pawn generation (like new races and the like).
Even better would be a full mod list or if you can befriend me on steam or join my discord server (link is in the mod description).
Apart from that you could try and disable various mods until the error doesn't show up again. This should narrow down the mods that are responsible for the error.
nephilimnexus 10 May, 2018 @ 8:59am 
Not really a bug or incompatibility, but if one uses this alongside extended bionics then you end up with the same bionic stuff listed twice in research & crafting, which can be confusing - especially when they have the same names but different stats. Any suggestions on how to fix this (other than not using the other mod entirely)?
Albion  [developer] 10 May, 2018 @ 9:19am 
Yeah if you use other mods that add bionics crafting you end up with two different ways to research and craft bionics. The only difference is the workbench you craft the bionics on and the costs of the bill.
The same is true for Glitterworld medicine which some other mods also include.
You either live with this or don't use one of the mods unfortunately. I could create a patch that removes one of them but I'm not sure which one I should remove and I would also have to create a patch for every mod that includes bionics.
Caileris 29 May, 2018 @ 4:03pm 
Just an observation - the "Trade Fair": I am not sure how it's supposed to go, but when the "hosting" part, in my case the Asari, just collapse to ground on the 2nd day because of starvation, and I cannot interact with them... it makes the situation kinda tense :-)

also no other caravans showed.

Not sure if its possible but enter x-number of friendly aligned, randomized traders to hosting faction arriving 24 hours after arriving to map?
Albion  [developer] 29 May, 2018 @ 11:29pm 
This is weird. Do you have any other friendly factions and are the Asari friends with others?
Where there any kind of error logs?
The way it's supposed to work is that there is at least one other trader from a friendly faction.
I didn't test it much for other race mods though. I'll have to look into it.
Caileris 30 May, 2018 @ 2:32am 
I didn't check the logs at the time, but when the event spawned it mentioned that the "Galactic Empire" (Star Wars mods, twilek and zabrak races as well) was friendly to the Asari and that I should be aware of this.

The Asari where "green"-aligned with the Galactic Empire and I was fighting the Galatic Empire - that could have been the issue, but I haven't tested it out much and.

The Galactic Empire was the only other faction between myself and the Asari that wasn't "green" aligned.

Not sure if it was helpful, but I will post if I find other info
Tach 3 Jun, 2018 @ 7:44am 
Hello Albion,

Love the work you do with the events, makes me actually want to leave the colony! Ha.

There appears to be an incompability with JecTools for the trade fair event. With only Core, JecTools and the Core Sparkling World mod enabled it is not generating the caravans correctly. Testing without Jectools the mod does successfully work. I'm not sure if this is something on your end or with Jectools itself. I tried altering the load order to no avail.

Cheers.

Error in GenStep: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<Verse.Pawn, single>.Remove (Verse.Pawn) <0x001ec>
at AbilityUser.AbilityUserMod.GeneratePawns_PostFix (RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerParms,RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker,bool,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pawn>&) <0x004f6>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker.GeneratePawns_Patch1 (object,RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerParms,RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker,bool) <0x00086>
at RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker.GeneratePawns (RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerParms,bool) <0x0002c>
at RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility/<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x003dc>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count<Verse.Pawn> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Pawn>) <0x000ac>
at JecsTools.HarmonyPatches.GeneratePawns (RimWorld.PawnGroupKindDef,RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerParms,bool,System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Pawn>&) <0x00029>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility.GeneratePawns_Patch1 (RimWorld.PawnGroupKindDef,RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerParms,bool) <0x00052>
at SparklingWorlds.GenStep_TradeFairSW.SpawnPawns (RimWorld.IncidentParms) <0x00099>
at SparklingWorlds.GenStep_TradeFairSW.MakeTradeCaravan (RimWorld.Faction,Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Map) <0x00079>
at SparklingWorlds.GenStep_TradeFairSW.MakeTradeCaravans (Verse.Map) <0x0016b>
at SparklingWorlds.GenStep_TradeFairSW.Generate (Verse.Map) <0x00056>
at Verse.MapGenerator.GenerateContentsIntoMap (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.GenStepDef>,Verse.Map) <0x0019c>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateContentsIntoMap(IEnumerable`1, Map)
Verse.MapGenerator:GenerateMap(IntVec3, MapParent, MapGeneratorDef, IEnumerable`1, Action`1)
Verse.GetOrGenerateMapUtility:GetOrGenerateMap(Int32, IntVec3, WorldObjectDef)
RimWorld.SiteCoreWorker:DoEnter(Caravan, Site)
RimWorld.<Enter>c__AnonStorey2:<>m__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
Albion  [developer] 3 Jun, 2018 @ 8:54am 
Without further investigating it I'm guessing jectools is using harmony to change something related to the pawn generation. I'll have to look at the code to see if I can find the problem and fix it. Unfortunately I'm quite busy for the week because of personal stuff (getting married next Saturday). I'll try and have a look at it tonight or tomorrow. You might have to wait until after the 12th of June for a fix though. Once I got free time again I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you for that detailed report though. It helps a lot in finding a fix fast.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 175 comments
Per page: 1530 50