Valve should reconsider VAC bans on Source engine games
Hi. Recently i got VAC banned in CS:S because 1 "bad guy" got access to our steam family sharing library and used cheats on local server with friends cuz of bad skill. Because i got VAC banned on CS:S, VAC also spread to other Source games, these are: DOD:S, HL2:D,HLD:S and unfortunately, TF2. You see, this game is the reason i made this account all the way back in july of 2013 and i still love to play this game a few times a month with my friends on casual or competitive scrimmage and this game is an important part of my childhood and my life, and sad thing about this is the fact that there is no replacement for TF2. I understand that its my fault that stranger got invited to family sharing and i got banned because of him, and the fact that this post will not be noticed by anyone from the VAC team, but its really, really sad that because of that strange policy i lost my access to one of my favorite and best game that i ever had experience to play.
Last edited by twitch.tv/goodstuff216; 15 Jul @ 8:21am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
Snaggle 15 Jul @ 8:25am 
You can still play on a brand new account, which only takes a few minutes to create. This is how it has been for many, many years now and is unlikely to change.
Originally posted by Snaggle:
You can still play on a brand new account, which only takes a few minutes to create. This is how it has been for many, many years now and is unlikely to change.
I know about that, but i dont want to lose progress and inventory that i have right now. Also, I won't be able to play competitive tf2 because of new account and a little time spent on account
Originally posted by Wock73:
In other words, the penalty impacts you directly and you don’t like that
As i said, i understand that it's my fault, but why TF2 when i got banned in CS:S, the game that Valve forgot for more than 10 years
Originally posted by goodstuff216:
As i said, i understand that it's my fault, but why TF2 when i got banned in CS:S, the game that Valve forgot for more than 10 years
Because this is what you agreed upon during account creation.

1 VAC ban on record | Info <—-
0 day(s) since last ban

Please, read again a title of this discussion. I'm not trying to say that im not guilty or something, im not trying to say "plz remove wac ban i dident chiet thx" or smh. What am saying is that this policy looks outdated. Only TF2 still receives some attention from developers while other 4 forgotten for more that a decade. Do i really deserve to get blocked from accessing TF2 because of a forgotten game made in a year 2004?
Last edited by twitch.tv/goodstuff216; 15 Jul @ 8:40am
They did reconsider, years ago. That's why the VAC bans are permanent now.... They are not changing their policy because you don't like it.
Fr4ntic 15 Jul @ 9:05am 
Hi. Recently i got VAC banned in CS:S because 1 "bad guy" got access to our steam family sharing library and used cheats on local server with friends cuz of bad skill. Because i got VAC banned on CS:S, VAC also spread to other Source games, these are: DOD:S, HL2:D,HLD:S and unfortunately, TF2. You see, this game is the reason i made this account all the way back in july of 2013 and i still love to play this game a few times a month with my friends on casual or competitive scrimmage and this game is an important part of my childhood and my life, and sad thing about this is the fact that there is no replacement for TF2. I understand that its my fault that stranger got invited to family sharing and i got banned because of him, and the fact that this post will not be noticed by anyone from the VAC team, but its really, really sad that because of that strange policy i lost my access to one of my favorite and best game that i ever had experience to play.

From your own profile and very fitting for your situation :

"The choices you have made in your life have brought you here."

Ironic might be an understatement.

Please, read again a title of this discussion. I'm not trying to say that im not guilty or something, im not trying to say "plz remove wac ban i dident chiet thx" or smh. What am saying is that this policy looks outdated. Only TF2 still receives some attention from developers while other 4 forgotten for more that a decade. Do i really deserve to get blocked from accessing TF2 because of a forgotten game made in a year 2004?
Yes, because that is policy. Disagreeing with the policy doesn’t change anything

Wow, really? I thought whole earth was spinning around me and anything that i will say will happen. Thanks for opening my eyes!
Fr4ntic 15 Jul @ 9:16am 
Yes, because that is policy. Disagreeing with the policy doesn’t change anything

Wow, really? I thought whole earth was spinning around me and anything that i will say will happen. Thanks for opening my eyes!

Now that you have come to terms with reality your open to close this discussion , it was already answered in older threads countless times before anyway.

Please, read again a title of this discussion……..

Title of discussion: Valve should reconsider VAC bans on Source engine games

My contribution: No, they should not

Maybe, but do i, and many other people with the same situation like me really deserve to lose access to a TF2 because of a CS:S? Do you really think that im stupid or what with all those comments you sent?? I deserved to get ban because of a family sharing, i understand all that. But i lost access to a live game because of a dead game that Valve forgot about almost after release
Originally posted by Fr4ntic:

Now that you have come to terms with reality your open to close this discussion , it was already answered in older threads countless times before anyway.

Ever heard of irony?
Fr4ntic 15 Jul @ 9:21am 

Ever heard of irony?

Yeah I did here's a good example from your own profile :

Ever heard of irony?

Yeah I did here's a good example from your own profile :

Yeah, very funny

Maybe, but do i, and many other people with the same situation like me really deserve to lose access to a TF2 because of a CS:S? Do you really think that im stupid or what with all those comments you sent?? I deserved to get ban because of a family sharing, i understand all that. But i lost access to a live game because of a dead game that Valve forgot about almost after release
You keep saying a “dead game”, Valve decides the policy. If you are asking if the policy is outdated, my answer is no.

Never called you stupid, using ad hominem insults usually means that you ran out of arguments (generally speaking). All I said was that I agree with this policy because it takes away any loophole to keep it consistent. Sure, TF2 is the most popular on the list but if you cheat in one game (and I am fully aware that your claim was due to account sharing and that you accept the ban, just not in TF2) then you could likely cheat in other games. If I were going into a game with a cheater, I would probably never want to play that game again (definitely not against a cheater)

Because there is nothing more i can say, i said everything i wanted. And i got vac banned because of family sharing, i would never give my account to anybody and never cheated in online games. and i didn't used "ad hominem" or something, you're just don't understand what i am saying or don't want to listen
Last edited by twitch.tv/goodstuff216; 15 Jul @ 9:40am
They added the "engine" bans due to the amount of people buying the bundle for said games, usually very cheap, cheating in one game, getting banned, moving to another game in the bundle and kept on cheating.

And i got vac banned because of family sharing, i would never give my account to anybody and never cheated in online games.

But you let someone borrow your library.

This is intentional by design.

:cool_seagull:
Last edited by cSg|mc-Hotsauce; 15 Jul @ 9:42am
You are only saying what has been said a million times before. We are not interested in your rationalizations.

Users that protect their accounts properly don't want loopholes for cheaters.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 15 Jul @ 8:19am