recovery code compromised
so I'm just looking for some information, if a unauthorized user got into my steam guard and has my recovery key he can log into my account at any point right?

how should i change that recovery code? i already changed my password and removed all the devices connected to my account.

but the recovery code says "this code will let you recover your account if you lose access to it, if you lose your device, or if you delete this app without first transferring your authenticator."

that means that anyone with a "previous" access to it can steal my account right? i just want to prevent further violations to my account.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
asha* 6 Jul @ 8:14pm 
You can fully remove mobile authenticator from account and add again it with new recovery code. And if i right understand recovery code you can see only once when you added mobile authenticator. So any scammer who got access to your account can not know your recovery code (began from symbol R).
Originally posted by asha*:
You can fully remove mobile authenticator from account and add again it with new recovery code. And if i right understand recovery code you can see only once when you added mobile authenticator. So any scammer who got access to your account can not know your recovery code (began from symbol R).

Correct.

For a new R code, you need to remove the mobile authenticator and enable it again. This will generate a new R code.

This is completely different than the Back Up codes which you can regenerate new Back Up codes at any time without removing the mobile authenticator.

:cool_seagull:
Stratuzz 7 Jul @ 12:02am 
ty
kurama 10 Jul @ 7:29am 
D1sgu1sed 11 Jul @ 11:26pm 
fun
Cr7 14 Jul @ 11:49pm 
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50