C++ Programmer needed for Source Game, The Contract.
Hi there, if your reading this post then I’m assuming you are a Programmer.

My name is Dean, I live in the UK and have decided to bring an idea I’ve pondered on for a year to life.

About the Game:
It’s called The Contract, its about a young Hitman called Sebastian Borg employed by a government agency. This is a realistic game, you will see through the eyes of Sebastian.
So if he blinks, you will too.

On top of this, there will be no HUD! No magical map placements or health bars. Chances are if you get shot, you’re dead.

You will have to use speed, silence, wit and agility to navigate through the game and avoid detection to complete your contract. But if you get caught, its not game over; far from it!
Shoot and fight your way through security details to get the job done. But don’t think this is your normal Run N Gun, drop a half full magazine and its gone! No magical bullet counting.
Average equipment is a Pistol with a Suppressor and 3 Magazines.

Could you storm a 4 story Factory with that? We don’t think so.

Avoid CCTV, casting shadows and making noise. Our AI will be programmed to react to real life situations!

What we need:
We are really trying to raise the bar here, we are aiming at a high quality experience with stunning graphics and fun gameplay.
I am in search of C++ Programmers to help build this game on the amazing Source Engine, I’ve picked it for the in-depth AI, high quality graphics and just amazing titles that it has produced.

What we are doing:
Currently, I am building the team and require programmers that know C++. We have a large ammount of concept and script writing work complete and have started on level design. Also, some 3D models have been completed.

This game will be built to sell, I intend on making everyone involved money. Be it a full wage from Funding applications or large compensation amounts from our revenue of sales. If you stick with us and the project gets completed, you will get paid. We will also look at Royalty shares. But are intention is KickStarter Funding then selling the game at Alpha stages.

How we are doing it:
Regarding team work, we are using an online team management system where everyone is able to login, view their tasks/milestones and report back.

Devs are able to comment on features and post suggestions/bugs as we go through the project. All game files will be uploaded to this online management system for ease of access but some certain files will be restricted via permissions as required.

What we expect:
I am not asking for you to devote your life here, just a few hours a week. Also, I’m not expecting leet programmers from around the world to drop at my feet. If you’re new to C++, give us a shout. We will be happy to see how you can contribute and get you on board. We currently have one programmer who is creating our game launcher.

Thank you for taking the time to read through all of this!
Bravo81

Email:
contact(at)thecontractgame.co.uk

Name:
Dean Day

Project Name:
The Contract

Project Website:
http://www.thecontractgame.co.uk

bravo-81 – We need all of our team to use Skype!

ModDB:
http://www.moddb.com/games/the-contract

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thecontractgame

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/thecontractgame
Last edited by Bravo-81 XPBREW.COM; 16 Jun, 2013 @ 6:37am
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
hi there,
i am programmer and modeler, texturer etc, and from my own experience with source engine, i got few questions to ask you about your project .

1. Is you rmod is more an outdoor environement or more a serie of basement, tunnels , hallway etc.. ?
2. if you intending to sell your game, we should prevent to use the source engine content, and create a total conversion.

So i am the project director of the Mod named Jurassic Life, and i could tell you a lot about all the aspect of the creation process with source engine.
i am not sure if you target the right engine if you won't your game to be done not for the next ten years.
In jurassic life our maps are very big, very long to load in the engine, and we reach the limits for many type of component in our level.
If your game is oriented more on outdoor environement, i should give you that advice :

Don't choose source engine for your project. udk should make you gain several year in the development.
Also the people that got knowledge on the source engine are SFM user, and dota and TF2 workshop items maker. It will be hard for you to find the ideal dev you need for your project.
It an important choice you have to do with the sleection of the engine you will working with, because after several year of development, you can't go back and change the engine.

I don't post to join your team, but it also something i would like to know if i was back 7 years ago ;D

good luck with your project, Dean.

Nicolas
Hi there RedEyes, thanks for getting in touch.

Question one, a mixture. Some levels will be inside only, some outside only and then some are a mix of both large outside areas with interior locations.

Secondly, this is a total conversion and we do not intend on using any of Valves work. Just their engine.

Thanks for your advice Nicolas, we've decided against the UDK and CryEngines for now. But possibly we can move onto them in the future.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50