This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Spawn of Totoro 12 May, 2014 @ 2:55pm
Games you would like to see made for Mac
Please post the game(s) you would like to see made available for Mac/Apple computers here.

Remember, a game's developer/publisher has to decide if they want to make a game Mac compatible or not and/or add it to Steam. It is not Steam/Valve's decision to make. There is also no guarantee that the developer/publisher will read this thread or act on it.

It is recommended that you contact the developer/publisher of the game directly (by email or through their own forums) to increase the likely hood of that they will see it and know what their customers want.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; 12 May, 2014 @ 3:11pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 6,010 comments
Andrew 28 Sep, 2012 @ 11:21am 
We need more Mac Games
I was recently on the App Store and I noticed there a quite a few games available for the Mac now days, but for some reason Steam only has the PC versions. Since my PC is down I can't play over half the games I own on steam.

I would really like it if steam would get the following games, which are on the App Store already:

Empire Total War
Rome Total War
Batman Arkham Asylum
Deus Ex Human Revolution Ultimate Edition
Bioshock 2
Company of Heroes
Doom 3
Tropico 3
Tomb Raider Underworld
Mafia II

Last edited by Andrew; 1 Oct, 2012 @ 1:35pm
The Big Cheese 28 Sep, 2012 @ 7:04pm 
Great idea i am so tired of seeing all those pc games :(
Andrew 1 Oct, 2012 @ 1:37pm 
Originally posted by pikachu:
try killing floor
I will have to check that one out.
Andrew 1 Oct, 2012 @ 1:37pm 
Originally posted by cmich67:
Great idea i am so tired of seeing all those pc games :(

Yeah, there is actually a lot of money to be made in the Mac game market if steam where to jump on it.
Anzo 1 Oct, 2012 @ 7:10pm 
Ur all right all those good game i cant play :(
Anzo 1 Oct, 2012 @ 7:10pm 
Or we
V2Blast 2 Oct, 2012 @ 1:08pm 
Originally posted by Nacimota:
I think you would have to ask the developers/publishers for those games; I imagine Valve would be more than happy to distribute Mac versions if possible.
Indeed; I'm pretty sure it's a matter of a separate porting team having the rights to distribute the Mac version, instead of one company making both versions.
Lounds 2 Oct, 2012 @ 1:12pm 
Can someone at Valve talk to Black Mesa team, I'd like there to be more mods compatible with source games on mac.
GITGUDZILLA 2 Oct, 2012 @ 1:41pm 
The new software deals on Steam have finally pushed me back towards a pc for work and gaming. While the mac is great at some things, I cannot ignore so many great games anymore!
MegTheEgg 2 Oct, 2012 @ 2:03pm 
Originally posted by pikachu:
try killing floor
He doesn't want a new game he just wants to play his games he already owns on his mac. Don't wanna buy a new one
Andrew 2 Oct, 2012 @ 2:09pm 
Originally posted by Brucie:
The new software deals on Steam have finally pushed me back towards a pc for work and gaming. While the mac is great at some things, I cannot ignore so many great games anymore!

Considering that I pretty much have to have a Mac for work and have over $2.5K in software for it, plus I hate PCs, I don't think I'm going to switch anytime soon. I am running wine which allows me to play about 30% of the PC games I already own as if they where native Mac games, but Why can't Steam just get he Mac games that already exist and don't need a work around?
Andrew 2 Oct, 2012 @ 2:10pm 
Originally posted by Nacimota:
I think you would have to ask the developers/publishers for those games; I imagine Valve would be more than happy to distribute Mac versions if possible.

I would think it would be Valves job to contact the Devs since they are the one's selling the product not me. If they want to pay me as an employee, I would be happy to do it for them.
Darth Jerak 13 Oct, 2012 @ 5:34pm 
I've noticed the same thing! It is odd that Steam would have so many games (not to mention high profile award winning games) as "PC only" when official mac ports exist and are being sold digitally. I prefer steam naturally because of the steam sales, achievements and community, and the fact that Steam doesn't include BS ports of mobile games like Apple does to pad their catalog. It looks like Apple will be getting my gaming money since they are selling more titles for Mac than Steam that I really want to play. Give us more older mac game ports Steam so I can give you my money! :P
Domenant 14 Oct, 2012 @ 11:58am 
really want dayz for mac
Originally posted by Darth Jerak:
I've noticed the same thing! It is odd that Steam would have so many games (not to mention high profile award winning games) as "PC only" when official mac ports exist and are being sold digitally. I prefer steam naturally because of the steam sales, achievements and community, and the fact that Steam doesn't include BS ports of mobile games like Apple does to pad their catalog. It looks like Apple will be getting my gaming money since they are selling more titles for Mac than Steam that I really want to play. Give us more older mac game ports Steam so I can give you my money! :P

Considering how mac currently has about ~2.86% control on steam's platform. I don't think valve cares all that much.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 6,010 comments
Per page: 1530 50