Darb Dude 17 Jun, 2013 @ 12:43pm
Quick Question
Hi im making a map for zombie panic source.
I have a Ambient_generic to play music sync'd to a band on stage at the very start of a round. Only certain players can hear it while others can not. And if i move farthest away from the radius of the music, it fades until it dissappears, and doesnt return. How do i fix this as a "Constant" Sound that people can join the round in progress and still hear it going through its timeframe without checkmarking "play everywhere"
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Wazanator 17 Jun, 2013 @ 2:19pm 
Try using a soundscape instead, ambient generics don't always load if people join the server after they have been triggered.
Last edited by Wazanator; 17 Jun, 2013 @ 2:19pm
Umbra 17 Jun, 2013 @ 4:13pm 
What he said.
Darb Dude 24 Jun, 2013 @ 3:01pm 
Thanks for the recommendation i was considering this as a solution. After much messing around and reading, ive got the song to work in game as a soundscape.

2 things ive ran into though

When i trigger another soundscape i would like the music to fadee into a city soundscape but still be playing low for a certain distance traveled , and fade away and reappear during the time the music is actually playing . The mp3 is about 3+ mins but it restarts as soon as i enter the soundscape space again.

Is this a complicated thing to achieve that requires a little more code work

This is the only thing in my txt file right now

"Whisky.music"

{
"dsp" "1"
"playlooping"
{
"volume" "1"
"pitch" "100"
"wave" "show/zbs.mp3"

}
}
}
Darb Dude 28 Jun, 2013 @ 10:37pm 
So i just needed to beat my head on the keyboard a little more but i finally got it working :D. I need to make more subscapes and lines of code I found a really good tutorial posted on these steam discussion through a dozenth google search.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50