Steam validation rejected
Hi i need help from you guys.
First I have my own server installed with Half life dedicated server from Steam Library using first steam account. I start my dedicated server with default setting.
Secondly I open out my pc and login with another Steam account and installed with counter strike 1.6. I open up Counter Strike and click 9n Find server, I found the server I create in LAN but when I wan join the server, it mention "Steam Validation Rejected".
What is the issue happen here? As both are using dofferent account.
I already try to delete steam_appid text and recreate it with 10 in the value.
Can anyone provide the solution for me?
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Blaquicat 15 Apr, 2018 @ 4:58pm 
You must connect using the internal ip, if you are using sv_lan 1, theoretically you could use the same account, does not matter, it dont use steamid this way.
If you already have 1, try to put it 0, since it will thrown that error connecting from the internet, even you, because it will fail to validade steamid_lan (insted of your real steamid)
Originally posted by Blaquicat:
You must connect using the internal ip, if you are using sv_lan 1, theoretically you could use the same account, does not matter, it dont use steamid this way.
If you already have 1, try to put it 0, since it will thrown that error connecting from the internet, even you, because it will fail to validade steamid_lan (insted of your real steamid)

I can join my server using sv_lan 1 while my friends from his home cannot join my server as I set it to LAN. Even I set it to 1 then I successful join the game then change to 0 for let my friend join, he still get the same error Steam Validation Rejected.
Blaquicat 17 Apr, 2018 @ 8:06am 
Leave sv_lan at 0 at all times..
You must be able to connect to the server, even if you need to use the public ip.
-'ManGoo* ツ ♥ 22 Nov, 2018 @ 6:50am 
yes
101 24 Feb, 2023 @ 6:23pm 
DId you guys solve this issue?
Originally posted by 101:
DId you guys solve this issue?
idk
76561199551554951 11 Oct, 2023 @ 7:55pm 
steam游戏专属服务器租用i9-12900k
Originally posted by Blaquicat:
Leave sv_lan at 0 at all times..
You must be able to connect to the server, even if you need to use the public ip.
I tried sv_lan 0, still got the same issue. Steam validation rejected.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50