All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
How would you defend yourself against a unhinged pitbull or bully Xl if attacked by one of them on the street?
Nobody steps in to help you cause their afraid of getting hurt them self.

What can you do? What would you do?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
Pitbulls can't unhinge. Snakes do that. If you're defending against a snake slap it with something wide and flat like a trash can lid.
No idea what a "bully Xl" is(more lasers involved?) but I'd probably use the same technique.
xDDD 19 Aug @ 4:41pm 
Well if it's attacking me I can legally end it's existence.
If it's attacking my dog though I'd have to just stomp it's head or something.
As a former Navy Seal I am trained for such eventualities. I would first stand my ground and command the pooch to heel. If that fails I will then wrap my jacket around my off-arm in preparation of sacrificing it when the dog decides to lunge. Luring the dog to bite down, I will use my free hand to employ the Vulcan Nerve pinch just above the dog's shoulder blade. After subduing the dog, I would then contact the nearest animal control center to come and pick it up.
not much you could really do even as a big guy your best bet is sadly to try and choke the animal or restrain its head which is gonna be nearly impossible unless again your big and have strength to stop it getting free and latching onto you arm or neck, they are good dogs but unfortunately bad owners who dont know how to look after them properly keep giving the breed a bad reputation. if you feel like you cannot take care and train an animal like that simply dont get one as a pet. :bluerune::luv:
kbiz 19 Aug @ 4:46pm 
Originally posted by Dr. Staten Island:
As a former Navy Seal I am trained for such eventualities.

Interesting.

OP, you're probably f#cked.
Fus Ro Dah
idk, I'd probably default to what my old man told me to do if an aggressive dog came at me...

"kick them as hard as you can."
xDDD 19 Aug @ 4:55pm 
Originally posted by stupid cool:
but then again im 5'4 and 121 lbs
Sheeeeeesh you might wanna get a weapon bro
at least a sword or something lol
Thankfully vicious dogs like that are banned in my country. I'm a small woman so it would be hard for me to fight back against an animal like that, to be honest. But whoever owned that dog would get to experience Singaporean prison.
Still no idea what a "bully Xl" is. Is it some kind of robot?
xDDD 19 Aug @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by DarkCrystalMethod:
Still no idea what a "bully Xl" is. Is it some kind of robot?
It's a Pitbull that has been bread to be XtraLarge. Not complicated.
I would disorient it with Off Topic posts.
miakisfan 19 Aug @ 5:13pm 
Originally posted by 🇫‌‌ish🇱‌iver:

I worked as a riot guard in a medium/maximum security prison for almost 2 years. Pretty sure I could defend myself.

I just hope I'm not dealing with Liberal politicians in my area who take a dim view of victims defending themselves for the last 4+ years. Crime and Liberals are like peas in a pod nowadays as well.
IGX 19 Aug @ 5:13pm 
Do not pull away as it will cause more damage to your arm. Push forward on its mouth in the direction it is pulling and move to the ground pushing out your knee onto its neck as most untrained dogs tend not to have a collar to lift up and remove the flow of oxygen.

Kill the canine.

If you do not have a firearm or sharp weapon or simple are unable to carry one keep pressure on the neck until it lets go preferably until it is passed out although most people won't be able to do this. A blunt force weapon will most likely make a dog even more aggressive. Like most animals gauging out the eyes is a deterrent but watch for the mouth.
Last edited by IGX; 19 Aug @ 5:17pm
vkobe 19 Aug @ 5:14pm 
Originally posted by 🇫‌‌ish🇱‌iver:

attack the eyes with key

in usa pitbull going to be killed by handgun
< >
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: 19 Aug @ 4:37pm