All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Is having the most optimized build in a game the same as having fun with it?
I prefer taking a less optimal build and finding the most optimal way to use it effectively.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
As long as your having fun is all that matters
Masque 11 Jul @ 1:38pm 
I can't imagine it being fun to copy a build -- in a game like Borderlands 3, or Path of Exile, or Diablo 4, etc. -- and spending countless hundreds of hours waiting for the exact right uniques, legendaries, and sets to drop that I "need" to complete the build.

All before I can finally play with "the build". It doesn't sound fun to me.

Fun is completely subjective, though. I had fun spending a whole month copying a Skyrim build with 700+ mods. Most people don't think that's a fun thing to do. But for me it's like buying a model airplane kit, and following the instructions and building it. Having the complete kit, fully built and functional, was less fun to me than the process of putting it all together was.

Some people spend hundreds of hours, for FUN, working out the best build for games, mathematically, using spreadsheets and debating unique items and sets and skills and attribute points on forums. I can only imagine, because I never have fun approaching a game like that.

To each his own. Whatever floats your boat.
Masque 11 Jul @ 1:39pm 
Yeah, what Craigsters said. :stray_robot:
That is called playing the "meta"

No it does not define fun, you define fun yourself of course.
Originally posted by Masque:
I can't imagine it being fun to copy a build -- in a game like Borderlands 3, or Path of Exile, or Diablo 4, etc. -- and spending countless hundreds of hours waiting for the exact right uniques, legendaries, and sets to drop that I "need" to complete the build.

All before I can finally play with "the build". It doesn't sound fun to me.

Fun is completely subjective, though. I had fun spending a whole month copying a Skyrim build with 700+ mods. Most people don't think that's a fun thing to do. But for me it's like buying a model airplane kit, and following the instructions and building it. Having the complete kit, fully built and functional, was less fun to me than the process of putting it all together was.

Some people spend hundreds of hours, for FUN, working out the best build for games, mathematically, using spreadsheets and debating unique items and sets and skills and attribute points on forums. I can only imagine, because I never have fun approaching a game like that.

To each his own. Whatever floats your boat.
Yeah, I would say a good 80% of my hours in Skyrim were spent troubleshooting load orders and just testing things out lol. Maybe it's less than that if it doesn't account for me getting through the main storyline once. I don't remember any of it though, maybe it's time to return.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: 11 Jul @ 1:30pm