All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Caldari Ghost (Banned) 7 Jul @ 11:39am
What is your take on the political situation in Namibia
What is your take on the political situation in Namibia
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
They need to stop focusing on military spending and start funding human needs.
Midori 7 Jul @ 11:41am 
You mean the "namib beetles" that are capable of turning air into water? They're insanely cool
I like the irony of this post and yeah.. I get annoyed too by how much crap about us politics we get in our national news each day while non of that matters to us..

it did not use to be that way.. sure usa as an important nation would even in the 80s sometimes make the news.. but it would be like usa has just elected a new president.. this is he...
and that be it..

today we get broadcasted all the pre-elections of candidates the campaign the whole circuscrap that has no relevance to us dutch..
while most won't even know the leaders of their fellow eu nations... aka news that actually considers their own lives.

in a way what happens in us is totally irrelevant to most.. as much as what happens in indeed namibia (unless you happen to live there)
Last edited by Dutchgamer1982; 7 Jul @ 11:45am
I tend to have opinions on political matters but i litteraly do not know nor care for them at all.
Last edited by Dracoco OwO; 7 Jul @ 11:46am
I wouldn't even be able to point out the country on a map.
Last edited by Enterprofilenamehere; 7 Jul @ 11:47am
secuda 7 Jul @ 11:48am 
*Blank stare*
Nothing.
Originally posted by Enterprofilenamehere:

I expected better education from a cannuck;)

I would be able to point it on a map.. list it's capitol.. and recognise/draw it's flag. but thats basicly all my education did for all the nations on earth.

perhaps it would show proper inteligencia to at least know at all times the leader of all of the nations on earth.. but unlike royalty.. they shift to often to really keep up.

even if you only limit yourself to JUST know the up to date president/PM/rules of each of 195 UN recognised nations and not the 270-ish actual nations on the planet... and factor in a lot of them have dictators who rule for far longer than elected leaders it likely still ment you had to check the list of leaders every day and remind a new name every day.

I don't know 2/3d of my students name after teaching them a year.. how am I to remember that many world leaders?

and yeah I must say I sometimes struggle more with the names of capitols of nations that only started to excist long after I left middleschool..

and I admit I have blindzones... like the whole central america zone for me is a blur..
all those little nations.. while I won't point them on the other side of the world like murricans.. I might occationally point the neighour..
aka it would be how am american would struggle to know which of the nordic nations is which. on a map... but still would correctly know they all 4 are in that area their capitol names, and their flags)

Last edited by Dutchgamer1982; 7 Jul @ 11:57am
Originally posted by Dutchgamer1982:
Originally posted by Enterprofilenamehere:

I would be able to point it on a map.. list it's capitol.. and recognise/draw it's flag. but thats basicly all my education did for all the nations on earth.

perhaps it would show proper inteligencia to at least know at all times the leader of all of the nations on earth.. but unlike royalty.. they shift to often to really keep up.

even if you only limit yourself to JUST know the up to date president/PM/rules of each of 195 UN recognised nations and not the 270-ish actual nations on the planet... and factor in a lot of them have dictators who rule for far longer than elected leaders it likely still ment you had to check the list of leaders every day and remind a new name every day.

I don't know 2/3d of my students name after teaching them a year.. how am I to remember that many world leaders?

and yeah I must say I sometimes struggle more with the names of capitols of nations that only started to excist long after I left middleschool..

and I admit I have blindzones... like the whole central america zone for me is a blur..
all those little nations.. while I won't point them on the other side of the world like murricans.. I might occationally point the neighour..
aka it would be how am american would struggle to know which of the nordic nations is which. on a map... but still would correctly know they all 4 are in that area their capitol names, and their flags)
i know you werent replying to me but dude who asked
apathy 7 Jul @ 12:20pm 
I had to Google where Namibia is.

So, none?
Caldari Ghost (Banned) 7 Jul @ 12:21pm 
Originally posted by BBQ Shampoo:
Originally posted by Dutchgamer1982:

who asked for someone to ask
oh and I know further that namibia does not list on the nations with heavy persecution of christians.. and that there are some boers (decendends from dutch settlers there)

and I googled a bit..

as expected namibia has a lot of the issues south africa suffers to..
-high aids rates
-unreliable energy
-overreliance on mining
-made worse by being landlocked

**overal it is a better nation than south-africa as south africa has been ran to the ground by hate against whites (just as zimbabwe was ruined).. the 6% white namibians seem to be left alone where in south africa propertly is taken.. and positions are given very discriminityory. (which is why south africa once the wealthy nation in africa now is failing..

no it is not cause apartheid was abandoned.. it is cause that party now has become essentially a corrupt bulwark that steals and builds nothing.. and does so by stealing from those who still have something to steal (often whites) but never give anything away once taken.

but the situation in namibia is still worrysome.. as while not as bed as in south africa.. there is already discrimination (basicly whites pay 25% more and get 25% worse treatment than similair blacks).. as whites also are generally wealtjy.. for now they can survive in nabia.. but it still shows the first steps of what destroyed zimbabwe and south africa.

namibia does suffer mass unemployment especially under young (as most african nations does) and has a declining gdp of about 3% decline per year.. despite being reasonably wealthy for an african nation. (considered a moderately wealthy nation or a "2d world" nation)
**it remains to be seen how namibia adresses this issue... large groups of unemployed young man are a recepy for trouble....
and it may cause rebellions/civil wars (which will mean investors and the smartest leave the nation...
and well as politicians do now... steal stuff from those who still produce to keep the unemployed third of the society happy.. does only hurt the gdp.
the fact they have rules like that for school admissions etc whites pay 25% more just for being white..(it is based on skintone.. not income)
that in politics there is a white limited.. meaning whites are 25% underrepresented..
thats worrysome... for now namibia has not yet started to openly deflect agression against a society that fails them of young angry man.. by stirring up discrimination like south africa does..
but it already did set the first steps..

corruption is an issue.. it rates 60th in the world in corruption.
but luckely most of that corruption is local.. aka goverment spending will be leached away by contractors...

for what counts in nabibian favor that is is a safe organised nation.
unlike south africa.. thats much more crime ridden.. cause police cannot keep up. the streets are safe.. cause the police is well funded and the state properly in control.
on the law side of things... the rule of law seems to work fair. to all.
and you have not as much corrupt "bribe me to let you trough" police/doane as in other less corrupt ranking african nations.
Originally posted by Caldari Ghost:
Originally posted by BBQ Shampoo:
who asked for someone to ask
yes
so well the biggest issues are :

**an aids epedimy
**overreliance on south africa for energy imports (and south africa is not that reliable in that regard
**overreliance on mining for the economy (which makes the nation more sensible to corruption & less resistant to recessions)|
**high corruption in the private sector
**insanely high unemployment rate of 34%, under people under 25 it is even over 50%
**declining gdp despite a growing (and very young) population
**worrysome trend to start discrimination on the white minority..
Last edited by Dutchgamer1982; 7 Jul @ 12:29pm
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: 7 Jul @ 11:39am