All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
guys.... help
guys.... I've kind of joined camp "dont give steam more money" because I'm upset with valve....

but then I've been looking at arma for 3 years now and its 90 percent off.... help. I feel weak.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
You're still contributing to their active user count. Buying the game or not doesn't matter, they've already won.
ReBoot 5 Jul @ 10:35pm 
Stop being upset. Analyze the problems you're having with a cool & level head, come up with solutions or workarounds. That "analyze" part is by far the most important one.
Last edited by ReBoot; 5 Jul @ 10:36pm
Took you 10 years to reach this conclusion? 10 years too late, my guy.

Buy it or don't, doesn't matter. Do what you want, we don't control your life... or do we?
Originally posted by ReBoot:
Stop being upset. Analyze the problems you're having with a cool & level head, come up with solutions or workarounds. That "analyze" part is by far the most important one.
I have analyzed the problems... the problems are with their practices. I've worked with people for work arounds to bad practices by steam and then saw steam systematically patch away those work arounds.... compounding the problem and reason for being upset.

this is, in fact, a time to be upset.

Originally posted by ᴠᴇʟɴs:
Took you 10 years to reach this conclusion? 10 years too late, my guy.

Buy it or don't, doesn't matter. Do what you want, we don't control your life... or do we?
no
Elation 5 Jul @ 10:58pm 
Originally posted by Shinoskay:
Originally posted by ReBoot:
I have analyzed the problems... the problems are with their practices. I've worked with people for work arounds to bad practices by steam and then saw steam systematically patch away those work arounds.... compounding the problem and reason for being upset.

Bad practices such as?
Kargor 5 Jul @ 11:28pm 
It's just how it is. If you want to boycott Valve, you cannot buy games that are only sold in them Steam store, simple as that.

Still, it's your personal boycott -- nobody else cares about it. So you could add some fine print to it, like "I shall not buy games in the Steam store... unless it's a really really really great deal".
Aluvard 6 Jul @ 1:20am 
guys.... I've kind of joined camp "dont give steam more money" because I'm upset with valve....

but then I've been looking at arma for 3 years now and its 90 percent off.... help. I feel weak.
It's your personal boycott, up to you if you want to keep it or buy arma at 90% off.
Originally posted by Elation:

Bad practices such as?
Oh, boy. Here we go again...

Bad practices such as?
Basically upset about the new UI.
Originally posted by The Commendatore:
Bad practices such as?
ya, I was trying to just ignore the question because its painfully obvious and has been talked about in nauseam across the steam board for the last few years. even if I had the spoons for that question, I shouldnt have to waste them.

and no, its not just the new ui but that, and most everything around it, has indeed been rather ♥♥♥♥.
Last edited by Shinoskay; 6 Jul @ 8:52am
Originally posted by SlowMango:
Bad practices such as?
Basically upset about the new UI.
I don't mean to be picky but...that's it? The UI is different now and they aren't used to it, so they're boycotting the entire platform over it?
Last edited by JustSomeLego; 6 Jul @ 8:55am
Originally posted by The Commendatore:
ya, I was trying to just ignore the question because its painfully obvious and has been talked about in nauseam across the steam board for the last few years. even if I had the spoons for that question, I shouldnt have to waste them.

and no, its not just the new ui but that, and most everything around it, has indeed been rather ♥♥♥♥.
I'm not usually around to get all the news about what Valve does wrong, so a few examples would be appreciated to know about the situation.

As for if you should buy the game or not, well.... That's up to you. We're not going to make your decissions for you.
Originally posted by Zef Davenport:

I'm not usually around to get all the news about what Valve does wrong, so a few examples would be appreciated to know about the situation.

As for if you should buy the game or not, well.... That's up to you. We're not going to make your decissions for you.
you can pm me and maybe ill send a few links later. best I can offer. maybe someone else with more spoons can do more.

but this is a fine example of the problem... I shouldnt have to explain to 2 new people. then tomorrow another person... and the day after 2 more.
Last edited by Shinoskay; 6 Jul @ 9:18am
monopolies don't really need your money or your loyalty. it's unlikely that avoiding valve would do anything.

although if they changed things and you came back they'd have some data on what bare-minimum changes they'd need to make to attract people back again.

but valve's financial owners appear to be favoring driving customers away, so that they head towards some of these other platforms they've invested in. 'balancing their risk profile with negative directorates' I think it's called.
Last edited by Stranger; 6 Jul @ 9:17am
Originally posted by Zef Davenport:

you can pm me and ill send a few links later. best I can offer. maybe someone else with more spoons can do more.
I don't want links, I just want a summary of the main points.
Like "they take a big percentage from each sale" or, I don't know.... "they keep your game in a cold closet".
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: 5 Jul @ 10:28pm