CPU really hot
So i have laptop with CPU i5 11400h when im not playing the game the temperature stay 60-50 but when its under heavy load like playing game, the temperature Rise to 95-100..... Even after repasta and clean the laptop, nothing change pls helppppp
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
.First Laptops are notorious for heat well used to be.
Check your vents for dusts elevate the laptop buy a Laptop cooling pad.
https://www.amazon.com.au/b?ie=UTF8&node=4913466051
What does your fan curve look like ? And if laptop for gaming do you have a serious gaming cooler pad ?
Make the fans go 100% at 60C or lower, 50% at 40C.
BigEEEEE 15 Jul @ 5:50pm 
Originally posted by Iron Knights:
What does your fan curve look like ? And if laptop for gaming do you have a serious gaming cooler pad ?
What is fan curve bro? Im using tuf f15 506hc
For the CPU if the Bios lets you (unlocked) it's in there.
"Curve" is an expression as with software you can setup something that looks like a graph curve, but basically setting up limits on the fan and when they should achieve those.
Last edited by Iron Knights; 15 Jul @ 5:59pm
This is a preview of what you need done, regardless of PC, but see if your laptop lets you access that. https://www.technewstoday.com/asus-fan-control/
This is the kind of cooling pad you need to play on laptops. https://www.newegg.com/p/0VE-028K-00001
BigEEEEE 15 Jul @ 6:28pm 
Originally posted by Iron Knights:
For the CPU if the Bios lets you (unlocked) it's in there.
"Curve" is an expression as with software you can setup something that looks like a graph curve, but basically setting up limits on the fan and when they should achieve those.
Ahh isee thx for the info
_I_ 15 Jul @ 6:43pm 
for a quiet build
in bios, set the fans to off at 50-60c, and 100% at 80-90c
Undervolt the CPU using the tool from Intel.

In the OS power options try using the Balanced profile, but edit it and disable all the sleep options and HDD Timer. Then set the max cpu to somewhere between 90-99 instead of 100

Elevate the Laptop, do not sit on soft surfaces. I used to have a cheap low profile cooling rack for cooling things like cookies from the oven, I used this simple breathable rack to sit my laptop on and it easily ran 10*C cooler just by doing that.

If needed get a cooling pad with large but quiet fans inside it along with a built in usb hub to sit your laptop on and keep cooled down.
Originally posted by _I_:
for a quiet build
in bios, set the fans to off at 50-60c, and 100% at 80-90c

Laptops generally never have such options for the user to change. Only option for that is having a laptop tbat has an external switch for Eco vs Performance modes
_I_ 15 Jul @ 7:09pm 
oops, missed that its a laptop

get a vent blower to help its cooling

ones like this actually work really good
https://www.amazon.com/Artibetter-Computer-Cooler-Radiator-Accessories/dp/B0CZZ5DYVD/ref=sr_1_368
85-91*C range is farily typical when doing very demanding multi-tasking, pro work app stuff or gaming on a Laptop; but around 95*C+ you should be worried and cautious. It simply should never be getting to 95*C+

I've played on plenty of gaming capable Laptops over the years and even with a room temp of around 35-37*C the Laptop still had no issues running at around 85-91*C maximum for hours on end of gameplay with next to no extra external cooling.
Originally posted by BigE:
So i have laptop with CPU i5 11400h when im not playing the game the temperature stay 60-50 but when its under heavy load like playing game, the temperature Rise to 95-100..... Even after repasta and clean the laptop, nothing change pls helppppp

I don't have the same cpu per se, but my mode is turbo from Asus TUF, but more than that, I adjust the settings and cap the fps, this alone manage to lower the temps, in most games I play it doesn't go higher than 85.

But I'm saying all of this under the assumption there's no issue in a hardware since you did mention cleaning your fans and repasting the thermals.

Okay this might sound dumb, but is your laptop on a flat surface or sort of elevated a bit like laptop stand/cooler?

Usually if it's not on a flat surface(like a bed or carpet) then the temps could suffer.
There's not much you can do honestly. You can't really avoid heat problems on a laptop that's why it's always meme'd about when someone has a gaming laptop it just becomes a hot plate.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 15 Jul @ 4:40pm