Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
For what purpose?
For content creation?
I have a 1080 monitor

4k?
Is this for you??
Is this for others?
Movie files are all 24 FPS anyways.

If you thinking about something like YouTube well it is good to have a 4K and 4K/60 option but if you can't record that well on your PC without hiccups then I suggest stick to 1080p/60

If you are on a 1080p Display then there is hardly a point to waste bandwidth watching your movies and streaming content at 4K
hi people i just mean for watching movies nothing else
_I_ 15 Jul @ 6:07am 
yea it sucks that most tvs and monitors are 60+hz
and yet films are done at 24fps

120hz display would be evenly 5 refreshes per each frame
72hz would be 3, but many tvs dont offer that

the most correct answer would be 4k 120hz
Last edited by _I_; 15 Jul @ 6:08am
Originally posted by Bad 💀 Motha:
Movie files are all 24 FPS anyways.

Originally posted by _I_:
and yet films are done at 24fps

Usually minimum 30 frames per second nowadays. also depends on country and technology as NTSC and PAL. (minor) TV/TV Shows may still run between 24 ~ 25 fps ::

• 24fps: Movies, streaming video content (to account for a discrepancy in connection speed), and video game captures use this speed to achieve that classic cinematic look.

• 30fps: Live TV broadcasts (sports and news) and most TV shows use this speed to increase their quality. Sports, in particular, need to show movement more clearly and in real time, which is why 30fps is the frame rate of choice.

• 60fps: As 4K video resolution becomes more prevalent, a broader audience has been introduced to this FPS. 4K resolution lets a higher frame rate be displayed and gives the footage an amazingly detailed and lifelike view. Perfect if you want to record a video game, this frame rate also increases the smoothness of action.

• 120fps and above: This speed produces slow-motion video and captures video games with fast and furious action (fighting, shooting, sports games). Going higher than 120fps, a rare occurrence for most filmmakers, will require a high-speed camera to make the footage look natural and smooth.

Source :: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/video/discover/frame-rate.html

So I would say, older / obsolete SD runs @ 24~25 fps
HD @ 30 fps
UHD @ 30 ~ 60 fps . . .

Last edited by N3tRunn3r; 15 Jul @ 6:34am
_I_ 15 Jul @ 6:42am 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24p

i is generally half frames per second (interlaced even/odd lines)
p is full frames per second

hd is 720, fhd is 1080, uhd is 4k, just resolution, not framerate
Last edited by _I_; 15 Jul @ 6:52am
vkobe 15 Jul @ 9:19am 
Originally posted by Masychefx2:
which would you choose

my room is too small for 4k tv
C1REX 15 Jul @ 9:46am 
What movies?
Big movies from cinema, Blue-Ray etc are in 24fps.

YouTube videos can be whatever. 60fps gives more smooth image but also hated soap opera effect.
I really do wish movies would at least be 30FPS instead of 24, i think it would make a difference.
C1REX 15 Jul @ 9:57am 
Originally posted by ☥ - CJ -:
I really do wish movies would at least be 30FPS instead of 24, i think it would make a difference.
But would it be a good change? There are comparisons on YT showing 24fps vs 60fps and anything above 24fps looks like a cheap sitcom or a YT video.
Last edited by C1REX; 15 Jul @ 10:08am
Rod 15 Jul @ 11:24am 
Originally posted by ☥ - CJ -:

Err no... it looks like a movie at 24fps and a documentary at anything above. Its not the framerate thats the problem anyways but stupid camera men who are bad at thier jobs and dont understand the format/limitations.

Watch a big film like Ben Hur, Spartacus, Waterloo, El Cid and the camera man slowly does his panning shots. Pre planned and executed at a smooth and snails pace theres no judder and no need to pan fast you need to better plan the shots/get more cameras. Modern hollywood has saved money and has a cheap production method of fast panning and cutting and fixing the mess in the editing room. Crap like Ironclad etc is nearly unwatchable at 24fps. Even Braveheart is hard to watch during the battle scenes because even big budgets will not spend the time doing the proper work and want to meld cuts togeather. Its not a scene anymore with cheographers but a melding of cuts.
Last edited by Rod; 15 Jul @ 11:27am
Karumati 15 Jul @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by _I_:

the most correct answer would be 4k 120hz
Yes for movies it's fine if you have the disk space and/bandwidth.

Because at some point you would most likely step up to a 1440p or 2160p Display and if you are downloading movie files you might as well download them in 4K so they at least look their best on a newer screen. Often times they still look clearer and more crisp even on a 1080p Display
Movies live well with 30FPS, it's already a preset max. sort of.
But 4K is also a human eye max. aka, at a certain distance, the human eye cannot perceive more than 4K, so looking at a 4K movie is the same as looking at real live events.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 15 Jul @ 4:54am