Question about Geforce Experience
Hi guys

I have a small problem with Geforce experience, when I launch it, it keeps saying that Starfield is not optimised, even though my current settings match exactly to the recommend settings. If I tell GE to use the optimal settings (which as i say are identical to my settings anyway) then the green tick shows up. But when I run the game then close it again and then open GE it says the game is unoptimised again.

The game itself is fine, runs perfect. I think it's some odd bug in GE. Anyone know how to fix it?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Id dump gfe bloat wear
Omega 6 Jul @ 8:42am 
You can ignore it. The notification is utterly meaningless, if it runs fine for you there is no reason to change anything.
I only used GeForce Experience for optimization reference and update notifications; although, it always would set it to lower settings in which this GPU can still max out the settings and I also stopped updating my GPU driver so why do I still have GeForce Experience installed?

Thank you for reminding me about this OP. :csd2smile:
Last edited by WinterSolstice; 6 Jul @ 8:46am
Neo 6 Jul @ 8:52am 
Originally posted by Omega:
You can ignore it. The notification is utterly meaningless, if it runs fine for you there is no reason to change anything.

All my other games seem to retain the green tick, was just wondering why one game keeps losing the tick. But yes it's a very minor issue, not really a problem I suppose. Thanks.
Geforce Experience is being replaced by "The Nvidia App" but is in beta at the moment. I would advise getting the Nvidia App because that is what is replacing Geforce Experience.

Advantages of the App vs Experience is HDR for games that don't natively support HDR.
in order for the notifications to stop, you have to tell it to use either the settings it calls optimal or modify settings through it.
Yea IDK why people keep installing GFE; uninstall/wipe everything NVIDIA off the machine using DDU App. Install latest Driver (yes JUST the Driver, no GFE BS) and the NVIDIA Beta App.
Neo 7 Jul @ 1:21am 
Originally posted by Bad 💀 Motha:
Yea IDK why people keep installing GFE; uninstall/wipe everything NVIDIA off the machine using DDU App. Install latest Driver (yes JUST the Driver, no GFE BS) and the NVIDIA Beta App.
I've found it a handy program personally, it helped me sort an issue out in one of my games.
Neo 7 Jul @ 1:23am 
Originally posted by andreasaspenberg575:
in order for the notifications to stop, you have to tell it to use either the settings it calls optimal or modify settings through it.
It's not really a notification, it's just the green tick turning grey.

And as I said in my OP, I have told it to use the optimal setting.
i highly recommend to uninstall Experience . . . it is nothing less than a unstable performance eater . . .

There is also an Experience REFRESH under development, already available as OPEN BETA.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-app-beta-download/

A complete overhaul . . . This might change "Experience" in general, soon . . .
Last edited by N3tRunn3r; 7 Jul @ 1:26am
Neo 7 Jul @ 1:37am 
I wish people would stop telling me to uninstall it. With respect I asked for help on a specific issue not for advice about keeping the program or not. I like it, for my own reasons. It's useful to me.
Originally posted by Neo:
I've found it a handy program personally, it helped me sort an issue out in one of my games.

My point is, GFE got replaced. The only reason it's not an option by default with the driver packs just yet is because newer NVIDIA App is in Beta atm.

Even still ita still better now then GFE ever was.

One reason people suggest to just remove GFE is because it's often a major culprit when it comes to games having issues
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; 7 Jul @ 4:25am
Neo 7 Jul @ 4:37am 

My point is, GFE got replaced. The only reason it's not an option by default with the driver packs just yet is because newer NVIDIA App is in Beta atm.

Even still ita still better now then GFE ever was.

One reason people suggest to just remove GFE is because it's often a major culprit when it comes to games having issues

Okay fair enough, I mean personally i've not had any major issues with it, but I don;t deny others probably have. I will probably upgrade to the newer app when it's finished.
Hi guys

I have a small problem with Geforce experience, when I launch it, it keeps saying that Starfield is not optimised, even though my current settings match exactly to the recommend settings. If I tell GE to use the optimal settings (which as i say are identical to my settings anyway) then the green tick shows up. But when I run the game then close it again and then open GE it says the game is unoptimised again.

The game itself is fine, runs perfect. I think it's some odd bug in GE. Anyone know how to fix it?

I don't use it, but why not try the replacement for it?
Originally posted by Pocahawtness:
Hi guys

I don't use it, but why not try the replacement for it?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/software/nvidia-app/
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 6 Jul @ 7:52am