Why we can't trust Nvidia users anymore. DLSS.
"4070S is a 4K card"

Lists all games using DLSS..

So none of them are 4K.

In the comments, "no but I consider it 4K because of final image."

Cognitive dissonance and software reliance for performance, not GPU horsepower.

The new delulu.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/1duz20n/blown_away_by_how_capable_the_4070s_is_even_at_4k/
< >
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
C1REX 4 Jul @ 2:45am 
To be fair DLSS at 4K is like magic and free performance.
I don't understand how FSR (including the most recent FSR3.1) can be so bad and worse than even XeSS from Intel.

I would use DLSS even on a 4090 if I had one just to get closer to 120fps.
I have an AMD GPU and I like it but lack of good upscaler is dissapointing and can be a deal breaker for me next gen.
Magic = delulu.
C1REX 4 Jul @ 2:51am 
Originally posted by CRBLunaFly:
Magic = delulu.

sadly fsr is close to useless.
Originally posted by C1REX:
Magic = delulu.

That's why we don't use it...

Also why nobdoy uses RT, same thing.
Still trying to justify your purchase to yourself? Quite sad.
Originally posted by PopinFRESH:
Still trying to justify your purchase to yourself? Quite sad.
Truth is just.
C1REX 4 Jul @ 3:41am 
Originally posted by C1REX:

That's why we don't use it...

Also why nobdoy uses RT, same thing.
Because AMD has the worst one on the market.

Intel has a better one.
NVidia has a better one.
UE5 has a better one.
Sony had an amazing checkerboard reconstruction one for ps4pro and is planning to make something new for ps5.
Even lossless scalling app often offers a better results than the fsr3 when the app doesn’t even have game integration.

FSR is so bad that in games like Forspoken where you have an option for native FSR AA it literally makes the image worse. FSR AA makes the image much worse, with flickering at a native resolution. Not even upscaling. Just making the image trash.

It’s insane how bad it is.
Yes Sony CEO spoke out in amazement to just how long the list is now for games that supports RT and they are also amazed how easy it is to add RT and other features to games that didn't ship that way originally. Even they see RT as part of the future of gaming realism
Um, maybe it was edited in the time since you've made that thread, since it is marked as edited, but checking it right now that post lists at least 5 games that hit native 4k 60F.P.S. in that list, including maxxed out Elden Ring and Red Dead Redemption 2 at the ultra preset. Plus many of the games listed with D.L.S.S. enabled exceed 60 F.P.S. by a fairly large margin. If Cyberpunk and Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition are both getting 80-100 F.P.S. with D.L.S.S. enabled, then how many frames might those games get with D.L.S.S. disabled?

As long as it's hitting 4k/60 F.P.S. in relatively contemporaneous games, classing it as a 4k card doesn't really seem all too far fetched to be honest.
Last edited by Tonepoet; 4 Jul @ 5:30am
DLSS is not a given factor really. It's just the norm now with advertising, so many may overlook how well most of games run on many modern GPUs when not using DLSS or FSR.

Overall the results you get in both FPS increases and image quality will of course differ game to game. Also in most games you can usually go download a newer version of a DLSS DLL and toss it into the game folder as a means to have DLSS providing even better FPS and not so blurry image quality all at the same time.

Red Dead 2 for example comes with a highly oudated DLL file for DLSS. But it was easy to find a newer version online and toss that into the game so that the DLLS actually does way better then the DLSS that Rockstar provides with the original game files. I did many tests with stuff like that but overall in general I often don't actually use DLSS or FSR and instead like to upscale the image quality. Which in games such as GTAV and RDR2 using the in-game upscaling % option basically is applying SMAA and really helps with overall image quality. Sure it will lower overall FPS but with a good enough GPU the drops are not significant that it hinders having smooth gameplay overall
Nvidia users and their delulu knows no bounds.
Agent 4 Jul @ 6:26am 
The thing is most gamers now have AMD CPU's. There's obviously a reason they haven't yet switched from Green to Red.
Last edited by Agent; 4 Jul @ 6:26am
Originally posted by Agent:
The thing is most gamers now have AMD CPU's. There's obviously a reason they haven't yet switched from Green to Red.
There is?

Most people don't even need DLSS, it's just a toggle switch that is there and they use it because marketing.

A lot of people have surveyed that they don't even turn RT on...

There is no reason, just beliefs, like a religion.

AMD for the non delulu.
C1REX 4 Jul @ 6:46am 
Originally posted by Agent:
There is?

Most people don't even need DLSS,
What?
I wish my 7900xtx had DLSS.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 4 Jul @ 1:46am