potential glitch in game reviews?
Is it just me, or have I uncovered a glitch in the Steam Client review system?

On July 10th I revised the text for several of my game reviews. After doing so, my "hrs on record" appeared equal my "hrs at review time". But a few days later, for these games the "hrs at review time" reverted, even though my revised text as written on July 10th remained intact.

If any of y'all are interested in investigating this potential error in the Steam client and petitioning the Steam devs to correct it in a future Steam update, try this:
1. Subscribe to this discussion.
2. Find a game (or a few) in your collection that you have played a few hours since first reviewing them and update your review text.
3. If after a while you notice your "hrs at review time" reverting, report the problem here and to Steam devs as I already have.

I finish with the final message from Steam Support in response to my inquiry:

"Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. Unfortunately, we do not have a fix for you at this time.

Along with reports submitted directly to Support, the Steam team uses a number of community sources to help investigate the frequency and severity of issues like this. These issues are continually being addressed through Steam Updates. Support does not provide any information on upcoming or planned fixes.

Again, I am sorry that we do not have a fix for you at this time."
Last edited by BenzoSt; 15 Jul @ 11:53am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
That was during the summer sale. Various backend issues present itself during such sales.

You can report it in the bug part of the beta hub. That is where Steam devs look, also for issues with the main branche or backend.
BenzoSt 15 Jul @ 3:14pm 
OK, I switched to the Beta Client interface and found my way into the Steam Client Beta GROUP and left a copy of this discussion there. Thanks for the recommendation.
crazy
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 15 Jul @ 11:50am