Why isn't there a way to report steam messages
I was added by a random person who i thought i knew and it wasn't. now i'm being sent, "❤♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥steam gift 50$ for you. Go to the site and take (i removed the link because yeah)." there is no way to report this through the current UI. I may be missing something but someone please let me know.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Originally posted by Censored By China:
I was added by a random person who i thought i knew and it wasn't. now i'm being sent, "❤♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥steam gift 50$ for you. Go to the site and take (i removed the link because yeah)." there is no way to report this through the current UI. I may be missing something but someone please let me know.
Report the profile.
Originally posted by SlowMango:
Report the profile.

Thanks for the advice, I've never had to report someone on steam before but i figured that a good suggestion would be to put a "Report spam/this message" on the messenger.
Their account is compromised. Report it as such through their profile.

:cool_seagull:
Originally posted by cSg|mc-Hotsauce:

Already did, again still just a suggestion to implement a button.
Crashed 9 Jul @ 11:25pm 

And yet forum regulars say it is good enough despite it being harder to give context when there is no report function in chat.
Nearly all chat platforms have a means to report abuse these days, with Steam being an outlier requiring an inconvenient method to report.
Crashed 9 Jul @ 11:26pm 

Why doesn't the chat client have a reporting feature? Seems to be something missing?
Originally posted by Crashed:
And yet forum regulars say it is good enough despite it being harder to give context when there is no report function in chat.
Nearly all chat platforms have a means to report abuse these days, with Steam being an outlier requiring an inconvenient method to report.
someone gets it!!
Unless I'm misremembering, there used to be a way to report messages through chat. If I'm not misremembering, I'm not sure why the feature was removed unless they considered it redundant if reporting the profile accomplished the same thing.
This same girl is still spamming.. no action since report, every day since
That profile has sent me 24 identical messages.. wouldnt that be easily recognized as spam?
That profile has sent me 24 identical messages.. wouldnt that be easily recognized as spam?

Why haven't you blocked the user in question? Report them by their profile and block them. If they are on your friend's list, unfriend them.

It may take a bit of time, but someone in support will eventually deal with the issue.
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:

Why haven't you blocked the user in question? Report them by their profile and block them. If they are on your friend's list, unfriend them.

It may take a bit of time, but someone in support will eventually deal with the issue.

The reason i havent blocked this user is because i want a metric. I want to see if they even care.
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:

The reason i havent blocked this user is because i want a metric. I want to see if they even care.

Caring isn't really part of the equation here, they don't give special attention to reports. They just go down the list which is why sometimes it'll feel like they'll handle a report quickly while it'll take hours or longer to reach another thats lower on the list.

Its also the weekend now so it might be even slower because of that.

Blocking the user harassing you is the best option, it makes them no longer your problem and gives you less to stress over.
Originally posted by Sasori Kigaru:

Caring isn't really part of the equation here, they don't give special attention to reports. They just go down the list which is why sometimes it'll feel like they'll handle a report quickly while it'll take hours or longer to reach another thats lower on the list.

Its also the weekend now so it might be even slower because of that.

Blocking the user harassing you is the best option, it makes them no longer your problem and gives you less to stress over.

30 instances of the same message word for word over a week seems like it should just get auto reviewed. I'd imagine special attention could be given to replies rather than reports. The issue i see here is who know who else receives the messages.. if the account really is compromised if its slanging the same message to all their friends shouldn't that be a flag? Imagine even a list of ten friends and they all get the same "TEXT" 20 times each.. I digress, but that.
Last edited by Censored By China; 12 Jul @ 10:51pm
Almost 100 identical messages....
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 9 Jul @ 2:06pm