Restore the "show on disk" function for screenshots
Like, why was this even removed? For games where I have many screenshots - and for some of them I have a *ton* - being able to view them directly in the folder was the most convenient way to do it.

Now I either have to wait for the popup window to properly load them, or have to go look for the folder manually - also not great since the screenshot folders are named with a bunch of numbers instead of the game's name!

Like c'mon Steam. I like what you've done with the newer screenshot interfact but put that button back, please.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Originally posted by Brom:
Like, why was this even removed? For games where I have many screenshots - and for some of them I have a *ton* - being able to view them directly in the folder was the most convenient way to do it.

Now I either have to wait for the popup window to properly load them, or have to go look for the folder manually - also not great since the screenshot folders are named with a bunch of numbers instead of the game's name!

Like c'mon Steam. I like what you've done with the newer screenshot interfact but put that button back, please.
This, please
miamew3 4 Jul @ 1:30pm 
When viewing a game screenshot manager, there is a folder icon on the left hand side, which is basically "show on disk".
Originally posted by miamew3:
When viewing a game screenshot manager, there is a folder icon on the left hand side, which is basically "show on disk".
They've recently changed the UI with their release of steam recording. It's now "screenshot and recording manager" and the folder icon is gone.
Originally posted by fri_freeman:
Originally posted by miamew3:
They've recently changed the UI with their release of steam recording. It's now "screenshot and recording manager" and the folder icon is gone.
On the Beta client. Main is still the same as before.
Originally posted by rawWwRrr:
Oh, I didn't realize I'm in beta client. Thank you.
Hence, my previous post.

:cool_seagull:
Maya 4 Jul @ 10:13pm 
If Im using the Beta client it isn't by choice and regardless I can't imagine how anyone at all thought that removing the option to open the screenshot folder was a good idea.
rawWwRrr 5 Jul @ 12:33am 
Originally posted by Maya:
If Im using the Beta client it isn't by choice
Beta is always an opt in. You'd be surprised how many people switch over to it because there's some new hot feature they want before it is mine to Main and then forget they're on it.
Last edited by rawWwRrr; 5 Jul @ 12:34am
Beta is always an opt in. You'd be surprised how many people switch over to it because there's some new hot feature they want before it is mine to Main and then forget they're on it.

Or if something that has been bugged in the main branch for weeks but was patched in the beta.

Jiminez 5 Jul @ 1:52am 
+1 You can no longer go to the storage folder(s) in the new "recordings and screenshots" (BETA) This is a much needed and handy feature.
Last edited by Jiminez; 5 Jul @ 1:53am
Jiminez 5 Jul @ 1:55am 
If Im using the Beta client it isn't by choice and regardless I can't imagine how anyone at all thought that removing the option to open the screenshot folder was a good idea.

You can opt in or out of Betas in the Steam settings. Yours must be set on 'auto opt in'.
Maya 5 Jul @ 4:51am 
Originally posted by stroopwafel:

You can opt in or out of Betas in the Steam settings. Yours must be set on 'auto opt in'.
"Auto opt-in" sounds like you're trying to say it's opt-out without explicitly saying it's opt-out.
That aside, it seems you were right.

Steam isn't a game like Sprocket, it doesn't get "hot new features" worth switching to a beta branch for, especially not for someone like me that uses it almost purely for playing games and installing mods for some of them, only using it to talk when it's the only viable option, such as providing feedback for a mod that's only on Steam.
Brom 7 Jul @ 6:04am 
Originally posted by cSg|mc-Hotsauce:
New sub-forum for the new feature...

https://gtm.you1.cn/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/5/

Oh there's a beta dedicated subforum. Didn't see it. Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 4 Jul @ 11:48am