This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Fox 28 Jan, 2017 @ 10:44am
What this section is for, and what it is not
If you have come here to propose a suggestion for the Steam client, whether it be a new feature or an improvement of an existing one, or the Steam ecosystem, regarding policies, the store or the community features, you have come to the right place. Please consider searching before posting, as your suggestion may have already been brought up before.

However, if your thread is not a Steam suggestion, and its subject is instead one of those below, you may wish to read up on the list below. This will allow you to get quicker and better answers than going through with your original intentions.

This list is non-exhaustive and threads that fit one of the following themes may be moved to a more appropriate place.

I'd like to receive suggestions about a game I should buy or try next, or something else that needs the community's opinion.
This is not the correct section. Please consider posting instead to this dedicated thread, after following the discussion forum's rules.

I'd like to make a suggestion about a game I play.
The developer will probably not read your post here. It might be better to go to the game's dedicated hub (Right click on the game in your Steam Library > View discussions...) to reach the developers as well as people who own the game and know better about your suggestion than the general userbase.

I'd like to suggest adding a game or a software to the Steam store.
This suggestion should probably be posted here instead. Note that the linked thread also contains additional information that you may wish to read before posting.

I'd like to trade my items.
This section isn't made for trading, however, you can exchange your game items in the dedicated game hub, and your cards over at the official Steam group.

Update 2019-08-20 : Clarified scope of suggestions.
Last edited by Fox; 20 Aug, 2019 @ 2:25pm