CORRUPT UPDATE FILES when installing to D Drive instead of C
As the title says, I keep getting this error whenever I install any game on my D drive. My C Drive is almost full so I need to install it on another one. I've already tried clearing the download cache, deleting the contents of the "downloading" folder, and adding Steam and the downloads folder as an exclusion on my anti-virus. Please help. Thank you,
< >
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
If your main drive(system) is C, it will still download some files to C. So unless you actually make enough space in C you may not even be able to play some games or download games even if you want to install them on D.

Move files from C to D and make enough space and it will work. I guess like 50GB should do.
Pogi 16 Jul @ 5:43am 
What if I can't free up space on C and I really need to use D?
Just verify the files it's simple as that
Pogi 16 Jul @ 6:52am 
I can't verify the files as Steam won't let me install my games. Also, after downloading, the files go through verification and that's when it says corrupt update files
Pogi 16 Jul @ 7:22am 
I also tried installing on C and then moving the game files to D. But whenever I try to launch a game, it either shows a black screen or an error report saying that the game crashed. I tried verifying the game files but it returned another corrupt update files error. Any ideas?
Last edited by Pogi; 16 Jul @ 7:36am
Pogi 16 Jul @ 10:31pm 
Bump
ReBoot 16 Jul @ 11:06pm 
Run a disk check
Pogi 23 Jul @ 6:02am 
I tried running a disk check on D, it said there were no errors. I also tried installing a game on it afterwards but it still returned a "corrupt update files" error
ReBoot 23 Jul @ 7:21am 
Delete Steam's download cahe, restart Steam & try again.
Last edited by ReBoot; 23 Jul @ 7:22am
Pogi 23 Jul @ 7:30am 
Tried doing that but it still didn't work
Pogi 23 Jul @ 7:32am 
I also tried reformatting the drive but that didn't work as well. Installing games on C still works tho. It's only D that has the problem
ReBoot 23 Jul @ 7:35am 
Originally posted by Pogi:
Next. What file system's on D?
Satoru 23 Jul @ 7:40am 
Generally speaking this is your anti-virus killing the installation

Add whitelisting in your anti-virus
Pogi 23 Jul @ 7:44am 
Originally posted by ReBoot:
Originally posted by Pogi:
Next. What file system's on D?
NTFS
Pogi 23 Jul @ 7:45am 
Originally posted by Satoru:
Generally speaking this is your anti-virus killing the installation

Add whitelisting in your anti-virus
I tried that already, even disabled Defender before installation, but it still didn't work
< >
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
Per page: 1530 50