Wait can i seriously not give my steam login info to person in another country?
What kind of idiotic rule is this, if i want my friend in another country to try out a game i like and i give him my account access voluntarily why does valve care or even have an issue with this. This can't be right, there is no issue with console accounts so maybe i'm reading this wrong
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Steam accounts are not allowed to be shared or given to anyone.
It's YOUR account, any license on that account is for YOU to use, not for anyone else.

The exception being family sharing.
Last edited by Unn4m3d (♥AUT♥); 16 Jul @ 12:56am
MrSteel300 16 Jul @ 12:36am 
Originally posted by Unn4m3d (♥AUT♥):
It's YOUR account, any license on that account is for YOU to use, not for anyone else.

The exception bring family sharing.

no i'm saying login on a different computer and region, obviously i would be logged out from my laptop. I can easily give my netflix or xbox account to another console and laptop in another region, what is up with steam trying to strong arm people like this
MrSteel300 16 Jul @ 12:39am 

also login via vpns exist, they can't even fix region hopping but they can detect if a person is using a vpn to login vs loging from another region computer?
Ettanin 16 Jul @ 12:39am 
Originally posted by MrSteel300:

no i'm saying login on a different computer and region, obviously i would be logged out from my laptop. I can easily give my netflix or xbox account to another console and laptop in another region, what is up with steam trying to strong arm people like this
Read the Steam Subscriber Agreement, Section 1 C.

By logging onto a system to grant SOMEONE ELSE access to your account you will STILL violate the confidentiality agreement.

"You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account except as otherwise specifically authorized by Valve."

Note that you are FULLY responsible for all actions on your account, no matter who used the account.
Last edited by Ettanin; 16 Jul @ 12:41am
Chompman 16 Jul @ 12:40am 

You are not allowed to share your accounts like that with other people for those other services also.

Xbox has a family share feature like steam has but you are never allowed to let other people use your login info on their end.
Last edited by Chompman; 16 Jul @ 12:41am
This can't be a serious Q?
MrSteel300 16 Jul @ 12:45am 
Originally posted by Ettanin:

By logging onto a system to grant SOMEONE ELSE access to your account you will STILL violate the confidentiality agreement.

"You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account except as otherwise specifically authorized by Valve."

Note that you are FULLY responsible for all actions on your account, no matter who used the account.

okay so i'm fully responsible for actions on my account so what does steam have an issue with my actions, say i use a vpn to login that hides my computer info and region, then what. what i go to another country , login in a computer there and then come back in 3 days and login back in to my original computer. see how freaking idiotic this ruling is, makes no sense why steam has an issue where i use my login like it's God gift on the planet or something
MrSteel300 16 Jul @ 12:46am 
Originally posted by Chompman:

You are not allowed to share your accounts like that with other people for those other services also.

Xbox has a family share feature like steam has but you are never allowed to let other people use your login info on their end.

no please look in to it again, i can FREELY give my xbox and ps info to my brother in another country, STEAM is the only one with the issue here and it makes no sense what problem does it have with me using my account however i want
Chompman 16 Jul @ 12:47am 
Originally posted by Ettanin:

okay so i'm fully responsible for actions on my account so what does steam have an issue with my actions, say i use a vpn to login that hides my computer info and region, then what. what i go to another country , login in a computer there and then come back in 3 days and login back in to my original computer. see how freaking idiotic this ruling is, makes no sense why steam has an issue where i use my login like it's God gift on the planet or something
Because it's a major security risk that places yours account at risk sharing your account info with any services like steam not to mention it means less sales on their end and that hurts their financials and why many other services are going after account sharing.
Last edited by Chompman; 16 Jul @ 12:54am
MrSteel300 16 Jul @ 12:48am 

also answer me , what i travel to another country, login there and then 3 days later login back in to my own computer, then what, what if i use a vpn, then what, it's the same thing and makes no sense
Chompman 16 Jul @ 12:50am 

no please look in to it again, i can FREELY give my xbox and ps info to my brother in another country, STEAM is the only one with the issue here and it makes no sense what problem does it have with me using my account however i want
You are not allowed to give your info for your console account to anyone.

You are thinking of game sharing that consoles have the ability to do just like steam has but this is different then sharing your actual account info that is never allowed.
MrSteel300 16 Jul @ 12:50am 

Because it's a major security risk that places yours account at risk sharing your account info with any services like steam not to mention it means less sales on their end and that goes hurts their financials and why many other services are going after account sharing.

i don't think it has anything to do with security WHEN I AM GIVING THE NECESSARY INFO, it's pretty much strong arming people to buying their own games and it's anti consumer, my effing brother is my family but has a job in eu, the hell does steam have an issue with whom i'm giving my login info too

also answer me , what i travel to another country, login there and then 3 days later login back in to my own computer, then what, what if i use a vpn, then what, it's the same thing and makes no sense

For one you are technically not even allowed to use a VPN on Steam. They don't crack down on it, but it's still not allowed.

Second, it's not about where you login, it's about who else gets access if you do.

You can log in on your friends computer, play a game on it even, but as soon as you are done you have to make sure your friend does not get access to your account.
MrSteel300 16 Jul @ 12:53am 

You are not allowed to give your info for your console account to anyone.

You are thinking of game sharing that consoles have the ability to do just like steam has but this is different then sharing your actual account info that is never allowed.

sorry but i have to say i'm talking about non game sharing info on consoles, i also know how steam family sharing works and it's for a single house hold, pretty much an inferior version
Chompman 16 Jul @ 12:54am 

If you are using a vpn like that you are also breaking the rules as any use of a vpn on steam is not allowed.

https://gtm.you1.cn/storesteam/subscriber_agreement/

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to order or purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, Valve may terminate your access to your Account.

You are allowed to login on your computer in different locations however sharing your direct steam account is not allowed.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 16 Jul @ 12:26am