My Google, Facebook, and STEAM has been hacked.
Yes, as the title says i've been hacked. Although I already changed my passwords in all accounts and was able to recover it. I'm just overthinking to make sure that the hacker did have access still to my accounts. And yes I scanned for virus and malwares and nothing is detected BUT, in my avast, notification is spamming of malicious website is entering such as :abtfliping and true-lies"Dont search this website though, its an infected website. Any ideas where did this come from? I've only turned on silent mode in avast from this annoyance.

In short, I am REALLY worried about my steam security as i have spent over 4.5k Pesos or 76USD. Any ideas how to strengthen my security and make sure that the hacker has finally have no access in my account? (I changed 2fa in my steam to be more secure) sorry for my english.
Last edited by Scyth31; 14 Jul @ 9:55pm
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Scyth31 14 Jul @ 9:54pm 
DONT CLICK THE WEBSITE I PUT IN, sorry i forgot that even by chance, some people may search or click on it, its an infected website. but please put any ideas you have in my situation I would be VERY grateful.
rawWwRrr 14 Jul @ 9:58pm 
If I were you, I'd ensure the linked email account didn't get compromised. Either that or you were using the same password for all three. Or you still have something else on the PC like a keylogger that is tracking everything.

Considering all three sites' accounts were hijacked, it's usually because of a single attack vector. If you don't eliminate that security hole, those accounts would just get hijacked again.
miamew3 14 Jul @ 9:59pm 
Here's a step by step list in case you missed anything

1. Scan for malware https://www.malwarebytes.com/
2. Check that the email and phone number on the Steam account are still yours.
3. Deauthorize all other devices https://gtm.you1.cn/storesteam/twofactor/manage
4. Change passwords from a trusted/clean device.
5. Generate new backup codes for your Mobile App https://gtm.you1.cn/storesteam/twofactor/manage
6. Revoke the API key https://gtm.you1.cn/dev/apikey (there should be nothing in the APIKEY)
Scyth31 14 Jul @ 10:01pm 
Should I have Reformat my PC and change all passwords in all my accounts? I don't know if i have downloaded something unknowingly.
Scyth31 14 Jul @ 10:02pm 
I have done the step 1-5 already but im about to follow-up on the step 6, Thanks mates.
Scyth31 14 Jul @ 10:04pm 
The API Key shows that i have to register, does that mean that there is nothing on it? replying to your parenthesis statement.
rawWwRrr 14 Jul @ 10:05pm 
Originally posted by Scyth31:
Should I have Reformat my PC and change all passwords in all my accounts?
That is an option if you feel it is warranted. But that's a question only you can answer.

I don't know if i have downloaded something unknowingly.
Avast and Malwarebytes are usually pretty decent at detecting things. You said Avast was still notifying you of websites. I would assume that means there is still something that is actively reaching out to those websites.
rawWwRrr 14 Jul @ 10:05pm 
The API Key shows that i have to register, does that mean that there is nothing on it? replying to your parenthesis statement.
If it's asking you to register, then there isn't one to revoke.
Scyth31 14 Jul @ 10:23pm 
Thank God, It make sense that there is still something assuming that it is still notifying, and I will have my PC reformat to just make sure since i have no important files in this PC anyways. you sir have my BIG Thanks, have a blessed day mate.
Looks like whoever's doing this is pretty recent. I kept getting notifs that someone was trying to get into my acc but I ignored it since I had 2FA on all my accs everywhere, but it got SUUUUPER ANNOYING, so I just went ahead and changed my pws everywhere, took me 2 hours...

Fast forward a few days, whilst I was cleaning my controller from the inside, I had this ominous feeling that the sticker I put over my camera just lit up. I opened it up, and effectively, the place I thought my sticker lit up on is right above the light display. Figured there's still a chance I was being paranoie, downloaded avast and ran a malwarebyte scan to get things cleared up.

I have no clue what is happening here, but Avast gave me the same alerts. That's how I found your post on google.
I can only find one more mention of it on reddit in r/cybersecurity_help dating 3 days ago.

If you have any news, pls reply here or dm me
Most likely your email and password was compromised somewhere or your PC was infected.

If you had same password on all these sites then most likely your details were leaked or your browser compromised when you clicked some link. As people say, changing passwords in everything starting from your email should be a priority.
Originally posted by Shake Caine:
Most likely your email and password was compromised somewhere or your PC was infected.

If you had same password on all these sites then most likely your details were leaked or your browser compromised when you clicked some link. As people say, changing passwords in everything starting from your email should be a priority.

I did change all the passwords, and tried to reset my computer to factory setting, which I wasnt surprised it didnt work. Whoever gained access to my computer made sure the system files tending to this were corrupted.

As of today, almost 8 pm, I'd completely reset my computer, wiped my HDDs clean, and downloaded most games I play. Really takes a while, but better than nothing
Scyth31 28 Jul @ 7:57am 
Did it work after cleaning all hdd/ssd? I did changed my passwords and even changed my 2fa, after days it seems it doesn't have any problem atleast until now. But i haven't had time to reformat my whole drive but i think avast is preventing it. in conclusion to my situation, it could be that avast is still preventing the malware somewhere as it is still notifying me blocked websites (which avast and Malwarebytes haven't detected none, could be hidden very well or infected) OR changing only password and 2fa is enough to mine.
Last edited by Scyth31; 28 Jul @ 8:02am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50