Noro 15 de set. às 13:07
Steam cause Windows to freeze
After latest updates Steam client makes my system freeze completely upon launching.
Can you PLEASE do something about it? I don't need much, just for it to work without crashing my operating system. Or any way to launch my games without launching client(if it will continue to crash my system).
< >
Exibindo comentários 19 de 9
Silicon Vampire 15 de set. às 13:17 
If Steam is causing this, it's not an issue with Steam but your computer.
Meltman 15 de set. às 13:36 
Steam now freezes for me constantly as of the last update, although I can end the process via task manager and resume using my CPU. I am far from happy about this update.
Caerbannog 15 de set. às 14:52 
As of 3pm EST today 2024-09-15 steam on startup freezes my computer to the point that I have to pull power.
Aluvard 15 de set. às 14:55 
Which version of operating system are you using?
Caerbannog 15 de set. às 15:05 
This solution from https://gtm.you1.cn/discussions/forum/0/6679490060455520348/ worked for me

------------

Kill steam via taskmanager.
Go here with File explorer: <your steam install location>\Steam\config

open the "loginusers.vdf" with notepad. It contains all steam accounts that have logged in at your computer.

look for your user and set "AllowAutoLogin" to "0". Save the file

Start steam again.
Caerbannog 16 de set. às 19:13 
I stand corrected. The "loginusers.vdf" method worked exactly one time last night. As of tonight trying to start steam it is back to hard-locking my computer, mouse included, and requires pulling power.
Iceira 16 de set. às 19:34 
Try the steam flush cmd, ( google it )
do have account login and pw rdy.
Última edição por Iceira; 16 de set. às 19:34
Peter Sobieraj 17 de set. às 13:01 
I got the same problem today.
Stream freezes whole computer, and I need to pull power out.
I'm having the same problem. Can confirm that it is Steam doing it. If I can manually cancel the attempt to login, I'm fine. But then, if I try to open the Steam client, within seconds my entire screen is frozen, my PC detects sonething has gone wrong, & restarts itself.

It's been doing this since 9/20/2024, at around 4pm Pacific.
< >
Exibindo comentários 19 de 9
Por página: 1530 50