This topic has been locked
bakalov_boy 14 Nov, 2015 @ 6:33am
Is Indiegala a legit site to buy steam games from?
Someone plase help
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
eram 14 Nov, 2015 @ 6:35am 
Yeah it's a legit site as long as you purchase direct from their website. No 3rd party resellers or anything from another site marked indiegala key.
bakalov_boy 14 Nov, 2015 @ 6:37am 
Originally posted by eram:
Yeah it's a legit site as long as you purchase direct from their website. No 3rd party resellers or anything from another site marked indiegala key.

So by "purchase directly from their website" Pretty much is just g onto the site, choose a game, and select a payment option? I feel like some of the deals on there are way too good to be true and it seems a bit fishy.
eram 14 Nov, 2015 @ 6:38am 
It's fine if you are purchasing directly from here https://www.indiegala.com/
All you need to be careful of is resellers. People that buy bulk from that site and resell them to you.

Stay away from the "trade" section, just stick to the main page.
Last edited by eram; 14 Nov, 2015 @ 6:41am
bakalov_boy 14 Nov, 2015 @ 6:41am 
Originally posted by eram:
It's fine if you are purchasing directly from here https://www.indiegala.com/
All you need to be careful of it resellers. People that buy bulk from that site and resell them to you.

Stay away from the "trade" section, just stick to the main page.

Oh ok, thanks a lot man. I appreciate it !
RealDaBaby 16 Mar, 2016 @ 6:56pm 
i bought mortal kombat x but it said there was suspicious activity and my purchase is being reviewed plz help:steamsad:
Azza ☠ 16 Mar, 2016 @ 7:30pm 
Originally posted by KnukleBuster:
i bought mortal kombat x but it said there was suspicious activity and my purchase is being reviewed plz help:steamsad:

Normally a credit card security check/block, you just have to wait for them to review it.

Happens if your name/address doesn't match the card owner's details, etc.
Perfect game 16 Mar, 2016 @ 7:34pm 
The site is legit,i bought three times
RealDaBaby 6 Aug, 2016 @ 10:47am 
thanks i checked the nxt morning and it was good
MagiStar 6 Aug, 2016 @ 10:51am 
Yeah it's a legit site as long as you purchase direct from their website. No 3rd party resellers or anything from another site marked indiegala key..
Nezvo <|°_°|> 6 Aug, 2016 @ 10:59am 
Originally posted by KnukleBuster:
Doesn't this also happen with stolen cards?
AssassiN 6 Aug, 2016 @ 6:36pm 
thanks i checked the nxt morning and it was good
Caldor 16 Sep, 2016 @ 1:50am 
Very good prices, but the site sure seems badly designed. When you browse the games you just get one long list, like watching a Facebook feed and when you get to the bottom, more of it loads. Which would be fine if it took a second or less to load the next games, but it takes more than a second and it only loads 3-4 new items on the list every time you scroll down.

Then everything on the site is designed in a way so it requires several more clicks than it should. That is UI design 101 to try to minimize how many clicks users have to make. Examples:
Making an account: You type in your mail, and click create account, then you wait for a verification mail that you can click a link in to finish making the account... oh wait no, then you for some reason have to accept linking your Steam account or that you want a password, and you need that password before you can do anything, so now you have to wait for a second mail and then you can setup a password. Now I thought I would have linked my Steam account then just based on the e-mail I had used, but no that also still has to be done it seems, just not sure why because it cannot just put the games on your account, you still need to copy paste the codes.

Which leads to the next example. I bought a bundle:
Bought the bundle, paid with Paypal, and that all seemed to be okay, but then the annoying parts come. Instead of linking me to a page now with the keys to these games, I am told to wait for their e-mail about these new games. When I finally get that e-mail (only takes a minute or so, but look to the Humble Bundle for a much more user friendly approach to this), I then open the e-mail, click the link and expect to see my newly bought bundle now, but I just get linked to my account page where I have to select one of several types of purchases, like bundles, single games and such, and in that category I can then find the bundle I bought, I have to click that as well and now I can see all the games in the Bundle with Steam buttons to get a code for myself or the gift button.

But they also messed this up. When I click one of these Steam buttons I am asked if I really want to see this code? Yes, that is why I clicked the button. It asks this on very button, which is annoying when these bundles easily have 8 or more items in them. When it finally does show the Steam code, it was not automatically selected or copied to my clip board. The Humble Bundle at least make it so that the code is selected and ready to copy-paste.

Notice how everything requires 2 or more clicks which a site like the Humble Bundle Store has managed to reduce to 1 click? Pretty annoying.

Will probably be a while before I buy from them again. Hopefully first after they fixed these design problems.
Moogal™ 16 Sep, 2016 @ 2:20am 
Depends on what you mean with legit
Caldor 16 Sep, 2016 @ 5:03pm 
Originally posted by Stars Team:
Depends on what you mean with legit

Because? When a Steam moderator vouches for it, then it ought to be legit in all the most common ways of using the word legit.

Is it a nice user friendly site that runs well? Not so much in my opinion.
Ogami 16 Sep, 2016 @ 5:35pm 
Its totally legit and a Steam approved reseller/Bundle Site. Bought hundred of games from them.
Never a problem.
Last edited by Ogami; 16 Sep, 2016 @ 5:35pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 14 Nov, 2015 @ 6:33am