Steam Family Error. Can't join family even when in the same country.
I have a couple of friends, of course, not in the same household as some of them. But all of us are in the same country, we have our steam in the same country as well. But steam gives us an error when trying to accept the invite saying:

"Failed to accept the family invite. You are ineligible to join this Steam Family at this time, as your Steam activity doesn't indicate that you are in the same household as other members of this family."

Please advise. I'm not sure how to proceed.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
It requires every person to have the same Steam Store Country (this may require a recent purchase to set the country code on the account).

:nkCool:
Darinlh 12 Sep @ 2:24pm 
I am seeing the same error when trying to invite my adult son, I am in MO he is in OR USA
I am having this error even though we are all in the same state. It's so frustrating
Quartz 12 Sep @ 3:32pm 
Yeah I have the same problem as well. We live in the same country and I knew them since 2012 and we've met many times since we live pretty close but only one of us could get into the program.
eyceston 14 Sep @ 9:50pm 
I was finally able to join, but I had to use my steam mobile app to join the family. Even logged in on the same pc but still didnt work. Not sure why the mobile app worked, but it did. Hopefully this might work for some of you too.
WHsavior 15 Sep @ 5:32am 
Originally posted by eyceston:
I was finally able to join, but I had to use my steam mobile app to join the family. Even logged in on the same pc but still didnt work. Not sure why the mobile app worked, but it did. Hopefully this might work for some of you too.
sadly it didn't work for me
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50