help me pleease im new in steam
I'm in Kyrgyzstan, can I buy the game through the Kazakh currency Tenge?
Hello friends, I am in Kyrgyzstan, registered in Kyrgyzstan, but for some reason my currency is tenge and I asked for support to make my country in Kyrgyzstan on Steam because I live there and will live there and I have two questions:
1- Is it possible to buy a game for 5000 tenge if I have 5000 tenge but I’m in Kyrgyzstan but it says “country Kazakhstan”
2- How quickly will Steam support respond and will it respond at all?
(I want to buy Brick Rigs)
And 3- I entered the money in $ and it says currency transfer to KZT (tenge) conversion “wallet”, is it possible to cancel this conversion? Thanks in advance for your answer, I hope my 10 bucks won’t be lost)
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Jerry 23 Aug @ 1:01am 
Fascinating to see, that Steam fails to aknowledge the national IP. A support answer usually takes 12-48 hours, though if it drags into the weekend, it might have a bit more of a delay. Don't get your hopes too high though; Steam Support often can not handle things well, that fall outside their answer scripts.

Could be, that the countries are kind of grouped up, or that Tenge is considered a regional currency by Steam, like for example Euro or Rand. Don't worry, you will be able to buy every game with that money, that is available in the area (the one you name definitely is so; some publishers might currently boycott countries, that are associated with Russia due to the ongoing war).
Also Valve/Steam tends to recommend lower prices for countries outside the "western world" due to the lower average income, so sticking with Tenge, you will get cheaper offers.
ok,i get it thx u very much)
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 22 Aug @ 11:52pm