This topic has been locked
API Key: Not receiving request on Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator
I am trying to get an API key for my account so I can use Playnite as my Steam is private. Whenever I submit the form to request a key, it is pending approval via the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. But the request never comes through to my phone.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Could be a problem at your end, I just tried it and received my confirmation notification.
Have you made any account changes at all recently? This includes resetting your password, enabling guard or the mobile app.

:winterbunny2023:
stymiee 22 Mar @ 12:59pm 
No account changes have been made. I did try disabling and re-enabling guard as part of my troubleshooting but that did not change the outcome.
metamec 22 Mar @ 1:05pm 
Try using a different browser. This happened to me a while ago with Vivaldi. I tried a different browser and it worked.

Edit: Actually, I just cancelled my key and retested this and it might be a slightly different problem. When I try to get a key with Vivaldi, I *do* get the confirmation request, but even if I accept, the key is never generated. When I do the same with Chrome however, I get the confirmation and it *does* generate the key.
Last edited by metamec; 22 Mar @ 1:31pm
Originally posted by stymiee:
No account changes have been made. I did try disabling and re-enabling guard as part of my troubleshooting but that did not change the outcome.

Disabling guard will put you on another 15 day cooldown.

:winterbunny2023:
he has to wait until april 6 and then try to create the api key.
stymiee 9 Apr @ 7:32am 
I just retried after waiting for the cooldown period to end, with a few days buffer too boot. Same error as before.

I also tried using a different browser (Firefox) and same outcome.
Virsenas 30 Apr @ 5:07pm 
For anyone that is not receiving a Steam Guard request to authenticate the API key registration, you need to go to a different tab, not the Steam Guard icon. Go to the three line tab which is on the very right (Menu) and then you should see Confirmations with at least one green number in it which is the confirmation for the API key registration. It is weird you are not forwarded to the confirmation. They should fix this.

https://gtm.you1.cn/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3236404575
Last edited by Virsenas; 30 Apr @ 5:19pm
Thank god I was beginning to lose my mind over this

Originally posted by Virsenas:
For anyone that is not receiving a Steam Guard request to authenticate the API key registration, you need to go to a different tab, not the Steam Guard icon. Go to the three line tab which is on the very right (Menu) and then you should see Confirmations with at least one green number in it which is the confirmation for the API key registration. It is weird you are not forwarded to the confirmation. They should fix this.

Carhill 22 Aug @ 6:06pm 
Originally posted by Virsenas:

Thank you! :happy_creep:

Whoever thought having a separate hamburger menu from the main profile button in the top right is insane. :angry_creep:
Steven 22 Aug @ 10:05pm 
This thread was quite old before the recent post, so we're locking it to prevent confusion.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 22 Mar @ 11:31am