이 토론은 잠겼습니다.
jacinto pinto akino rego 2023년 11월 30일 오후 5시 37분
Why does Steam restricts gifting?
I wasn't able to gift my own second account a game with my Steam Wallet money. Is there a logical reason behind this? Is it to protect my account... from myself? Anyways, as usual, Steam's policy isn't really based in any sort of consistent logic so I wouldn't be surprised if this was an "anti scamming" policy.
< >
12개 댓글 중 1-12개 표시
rawWwRrr 2023년 11월 30일 오후 5시 58분 
Wallet Fund gifting has been restricted for some users. You'd have to open a ticket with Support to verify if they done the same to your account. You should still be able to use non-wallet funds.
rawWwRrr 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2023년 11월 30일 오후 6시 04분
FFL2and3rocks 2023년 11월 30일 오후 6시 02분 
If you're suspected of using your Steam account for commercial purposes, you may be blocked from using wallet funds for gifts.
jacinto pinto akino rego 2023년 11월 30일 오후 7시 01분 
FFL2and3rocks님이 먼저 게시:
If you're suspected of using your Steam account for commercial purposes, you may be blocked from using wallet funds for gifts.
Why? Why specifically the wallet funds?
jacinto pinto akino rego 2023년 11월 30일 오후 7시 02분 
rawWwRrr님이 먼저 게시:
Wallet Fund gifting has been restricted for some users. You'd have to open a ticket with Support to verify if they done the same to your account. You should still be able to use non-wallet funds.
Already did, they just said I'm restricted and offered no explanation whatsoever.
peppermint hollows 2023년 11월 30일 오후 7시 06분 
jacinto pinto akino rego님이 먼저 게시:
FFL2and3rocks님이 먼저 게시:

I assume it's because wallet funds can come from a number of sources which are more likely to be used with commercial purposes to try to hide the fact, such as from selling market items, redeeming wallet cards, and digital gift cards from Steam friends. When you purchase a gift directly with your own CC it's a different story.
jacinto pinto akino rego 2023년 11월 30일 오후 7시 12분 
peppermint hollows님이 먼저 게시:

I assume it's because wallet funds can come from a number of sources which are more likely to be used with commercial purposes to try to hide the fact, such as from selling market items, redeeming wallet cards, and digital gift cards from Steam friends. When you purchase a gift directly with your own CC it's a different story.
It's not like Steam can't know where mine came from (item selling). It's so illogical it's laughable. I've had that item for 4 years now and its sale was the only time I ever "added" funds to steam.
rawWwRrr 2023년 11월 30일 오후 8시 11분 
rawWwRrr님이 먼저 게시:
Already did, they just said I'm restricted and offered no explanation whatsoever.
I'm sure they gave at least a high level explanation.

peppermint hollows님이 먼저 게시:

It's not like Steam can't know where mine came from (item selling). It's so illogical it's laughable. I've had that item for 4 years now and its sale was the only time I ever "added" funds to steam.
So, I've come across multiple users facing this new gifting restriction where you are selling an inventory from one account with the intention of using that money to buy a game for a second account. Why not trade the item to the account that needs the funds?
jacinto pinto akino rego 2023년 11월 30일 오후 8시 39분 
rawWwRrr님이 먼저 게시:

So, I've come across multiple users facing this new gifting restriction where you are selling an inventory from one account with the intention of using that money to buy a game for a second account. Why not trade the item to the account that needs the funds?
The item in question is from CS2, which I got a VAC ban in the game in the other account back in 2017.
ReBoot 2023년 11월 30일 오후 9시 13분 
rawWwRrr님이 먼저 게시:

The item in question is from CS2, which I got a VAC ban in the game in the other account back in 2017.
Well, bans suck on multiple levels, I suppose.
Ettanin 2023년 11월 30일 오후 10시 04분 
FFL2and3rocks님이 먼저 게시:
There were too many people trying to profit from market revenue by undercutting Valve through offering real money trading ("You give real $$$ I buy game X with wallet $$$ for you").
PUCKERED HOLE 2024년 7월 15일 오후 5시 34분 
Ettanin님이 먼저 게시:
There were too many people trying to profit from market revenue by undercutting Valve through offering real money trading ("You give real $$$ I buy game X with wallet $$$ for you").
Sounds like a scam
Wren 2024년 7월 15일 오후 7시 27분 
The Steam discussions aren't the appropriate place to dispute specific bans, please read the following FAQ
< >
12개 댓글 중 1-12개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2023년 11월 30일 오후 5시 37분
게시글: 12