This topic has been locked
Mort 19 Jul, 2017 @ 6:16am
Why does Steam keep suggesting games containing tags, I've filtered out?
Every day Steam keeps suggesting games, which are containing tags which I've explicitly filtered out, because I don't play games in those categories. Steam even points out to me that it contains tags I've filtered out and asks if I'm interested in the game.

Why does Steam keep suggesting games to me, which it already knows that I don't like?
Last edited by Mort; 19 Jul, 2017 @ 6:23am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Spawn of Totoro 19 Jul, 2017 @ 6:20am 
Because the game also has tags you have shown an interest in.

Filtering tags won't remove every instance of that game from showing, just make them less likely to show up.
In 2024, I can say that Steam should go ♥♥♥♥ themselves for this. I don't want anything to do with Early Access games at all, but Steam keeps trying to serve me ♥♥♥♥ and I refuse to believe it's chocolate.
ReBoot 15 Jul @ 9:46pm 
Originally posted by No One You Know:
In 2024, I can say that Steam should go ♥♥♥♥ themselves for this. I don't want anything to do with Early Access games at all, but Steam keeps trying to serve me ♥♥♥♥ and I refuse to believe it's chocolate.
You could simply opt out of Early Access. It's a specific checkbox to untick. But hey, ranting is more fun, than solving your problem, amirite?
Last edited by ReBoot; 15 Jul @ 9:47pm
Kargor 15 Jul @ 9:54pm 
I believe EA is manageable. This is what it looks like for me right now:

... *** [2024-07-16 06:55:00]: account has 2451 licenses (+2451) *** [2024-07-16 06:55:01]: account owns 1903 games ... [***] command> list-games ... listed 1903 games (218 adult, 56 early access) with a total playtime of 12134 hours

Negligible percentage in my library. And they all came as "by-catch" via bundles, giveaways or similar "for free" stuff.

[***] command> list-games --early-access --playtime ... listed 56 games (7 adult, 56 early access) with a total playtime of 54 hours

In a similar vein, those 54 hours are from card-farming or sites wanting to see playtime on specific games. None of those 54 hours are actual *play* time.
Last edited by Kargor; 15 Jul @ 9:55pm
Supafly 15 Jul @ 10:38pm 
Originally posted by No One You Know:

Seriously you Necro a 2017 thread for that?

Go to your preferences
https://gtm.you1.cn/storesteam/account/preferences/

Look for this and UNTICK Show Early Access titles

Product Types
Include the following types of products in my store:

Show Early Access titles
Show Prepurchase offers
Show Software
Show Videos & Movies
Show only titles supporting my languages
Show Virtual Reality content

Oh and congrats on getting another old thread 'locked to prevent confusion'' as thats what Mods do to necro'd thread nowadays
Wren 15 Jul @ 11:51pm 
This thread was quite old before the recent post, so we're locking it to prevent confusion.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 19 Jul, 2017 @ 6:16am