This topic has been locked
SSD hard drive Vs HDD
Which one is better
< >
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
SSD is way faster than an HDD. But an SSD is more expensive compared to and HDD.
Last edited by Perpetual Clown; 5 Jul @ 5:26pm
You keep asking.

:cool_seagull:
huh
It also depends on the game. Some games will have much better load times on and SSD compared to an HDD.

For example, Doom Eternal would load levels in a few seconds on my SSD compared to my brother-in-law's HDD would would take 30sec or more.
HDD is perfect for mass storage for a cheaper cost.
SSD is best for loading times, NVMEs are even better especially for games that want an SSD. So SSD/NVME is best for an OS drive and games that practically require an SSD like Starfield.
flying denture Crowd
SSD is better than hhd because it's faster
NVMe M.2 as your main drive is what you want in 2020's.
It instantly reboots your PC, and big games like Rust went from loading a server in 20 mins, to 1 min now.
Other than big games loading faster, i saw no noticeable difference, but absolutely love the drive stick for my C: Drive!
Today, id say Samsung is the leader brand for those.
Last edited by LordOfDarkFlame; 5 Jul @ 6:10pm
thank you!
HDD is really big and has a metal casing which makes it hard to eat.
SSD is alright, very crunchy but doesn't taste like much.
LSD is best, very small, easy to eat and room turns into kaleidoscope.
Lystent 5 Jul @ 8:18pm 
Last I checked (a few years ago...), a WD had 1 year longer warranties for 2.5" SSDs than for HDDs. I'd imagine that says something about how they feel in regards to the longevity of the hardware.
Originally posted by Viktor:
Which one is better
Gigs/$ vs speed.
SSDs give you high speed fast boots and loading.
HDDs are slower, burn more power but cost significantly less per gig than an SSD
WRT pricing as some people have mentioned: While of course HDD is still cheaper for much more storage, overall SSDs have gotten bigger while also coming down in price over time, so unless you need mass storage, you can still get a pretty big SSD for normal usage nowadays at a reasonable price.
Lystent 5 Jul @ 8:51pm 
Originally posted by peppermint hollows:
WRT pricing as some people have mentioned: While of course HDD is still cheaper for much more storage, overall SSDs have gotten bigger while also coming down in price over time, so unless you need mass storage, you can still get a pretty big SSD for normal usage nowadays at a reasonable price.
Games in general are picking up in size over time as well. I have roughly 1.5 TB on my tower (1 TB m.2 and a 500GB 2.5" SSD), and I'm having to recycle space on my drives for all those 100+ GB titles; one of the things I'm a bit due for would be getting a new internal drive to act as a high-capacity games drive.
Originally posted by Lystent:
Originally posted by peppermint hollows:
Games in general are picking up in size over time as well. I have roughly 1.5 TB on my tower (1 TB m.2 and a 500GB 2.5" SSD), and I'm having to recycle space on my drives for all those 100+ GB titles; one of the things I'm a bit due for would be getting a new internal drive to act as a high-capacity games drive.

That is true as well, though I think most games are probably going to peak at that point. Still, it is something to consider if you play a lot of AAA games - though even then, not all of them reach that big. There's still a lot of major releases I can think of in recent times that cap out at in the 50-80GB range.

Just depends on what kind of games you tend to play, I suppose.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
Per page: 1530 50