Offline Achievements
So got the Deck recently and im into Achievement hunting, which means im a masochist, but anyway, i was wondering if its possible to "earn" the achievements offline?

I tried doing so research but there was a lot of contradictions with the answers.

The one that stood out the most was that you technically "can" by meeting the requirements of the achievements and then logging back online, at which they will register and pop up.

Anyone that can confirm this?
Originally posted by Mr. Smiles:
Yes, you can earn the cheevos offline, they will pop when steam talks to it's servers and have the timestamp if when it connected.

It will look like you unlocked them all at the same time.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Yes, you can earn the cheevos offline, they will pop when steam talks to it's servers and have the timestamp if when it connected.

It will look like you unlocked them all at the same time.
what I have find is that earning them offline is that the timestamp for them will show as when Steam goes online

So if you earn 10 achievements offline and then go online, the timestamp for all 10 achievements will be the exact same. Kind of annoying since it doesn’t properly show the right time.
So essentially yes, but you look like you cheated them?

Meh, i can live with that, ty for the responses
Last edited by Dollmaker; 1 Feb @ 9:58pm
Just went off the plane and got 3 achievements when playing offline. They indeed show the same date on my steam profile but on the Deck it still shows the correct unlocking time.
Originally posted by Dollmaker:
So essentially yes, but you look like you cheated them?

Meh, i can live with that, ty for the responses

They are achievements ... they aren't going to be affecting anyone in real life anytime soon so I wouldn't worry about others thinking you are cheating.

Example: can you imagine living in a country under attack from another country and your biggest worry of the day is someone cheating their achievements on Steam? There is a reason priorities matter in life.
Nico 2 Feb @ 1:06pm 
If you ever look back at your achievements in a few years, I doubt the exact time will be an issue. Month precision is ok, I guess you can get to a wifi spot more often than that
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 1 Feb @ 9:34pm